Professional Resources in System Management, LLC (PRISM) is pleased to announce that Memorial Hermann Life Flight® has selected Aviation Risk Management Online Resource (ARMOR) as its aviation Safety Management System software. Life Flight is a critical care air medical transport service based in Houston, Texas. They serve the community within a 150-mile radius of the Texas Medical Center with helicopters and worldwide using fixed-wing transport.
“We are very excited to partner with Memorial Hermann Life Flight in their SMS development,” said Chris Young, VP Helicopter Aviation Services for PRISM. “They have a long history in the air medical transport industry and we are extremely proud to be selected by this great program. Our innovative technology based solutions and our superior SMS expertise will go a long way to help enhance their safety processes.”
Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), Life Flight is Houston’s only hospital-based air medical service. Each flight is staffed by highly skilled personnel, equipped with advanced emergency equipment and necessary medications, and can transport up to two patients. The Memorial Hermann Life Flight staff consists of 21 pilots, 21 flight nurses, 18 paramedics, eight communication specialists and eight mechanics. Each helicopter is inspected and serviced daily.
“PRISM has an extensive and well-respected reputation in the aviation industry as top safety experts so, for us, the choice was clear,” said Eric von Wenckstern, administrative director of Life Flight. “Their software, ARMOR, will help us advance our FAA Safety Management System program and better tailor it around our existing air ambulance operations.”
ARMOR provides operators with an intuitive system that can be accessed from anywhere in the world via an internet connection, iPad® or iPhone®.
- Flight Risk Analysis Tool (FRAT) – Accessible online or using PRISM iPad® or iPhone® App
- Ground Risk Analysis Tool (GRAT) – Accessible online or using PRISM iPad® or iPhone® App
- Hazard Reporting Manager – Accessible online or using PRISM iPad® or iPhone® App
- Internal Evaluation Program (IEP) Manager
- Safety Materials Resource Library
- Training Qualification Tracker (TQT)
- “Safety Locker” document management with read and initial tracking
- Project Manager
- Risk Assessment Tool
PRISM is a wholly owned subsidiary of ARGUS international, Inc. PRISM is the industry’s leading provider of advanced Safety Management Systems (SMS) solutions, and is also an FAA recognized certification consultant.
ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS) is a specialized aviation services company with global expertise whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk. ARGUS provides world-class aviation software and business management solutions, including AVMOSYS enterprise management software, TRAQPak, CHEQ, and ARMOR SMS. ARGUS Charter operator ratings are the most recognized and requested independent source of overall operator quality. TRAQPak provides industry leading market intelligence data and research services, as well as expert aviation consulting.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock