Heli-One, a leading global provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has announced plans to expand its Turbomeca Makila engine overhaul and repair capabilities at its Stavanger, Norway facility. Heli-One will add engine overhaul capability on Makila 2A and 2A1 models. This is in addition to the Makila 1A, 1A1, and 1A2 variations currently serviced by Heli-One in Stavanger. This additional capability will give Makila 2A and 2A1 operators a new repair and overhaul option in a Turbomeca certified and experienced facility.
Heli-One Stavanger is one of two independent facilities to be approved by Turbomeca to perform Level 4 maintenance and is recognized as a certified Turbomeca repair center. The facility has completed more than 1,500 repairs and approximately 450 overhauls since beginning work on Makila engines in 1989.
In addition to this expanded capability, Heli-One will add a new test cell in Stavanger to ensure efficient turn-around times on Makila 2 overhauls. The new test cell is expected to be operational in January 2017.
“Our Stavanger facility continues to establish a reputation as a global leader in Makila engine repair and overhaul,” said Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One. “As more operators adopt the H225 aircraft flying Makila 2A and 2A1 engines, we are expanding our capability to meet growing demand for Heli-One’s highly skilled MRO services and provide operators with a proven and reliable MRO alternative in a facility rich with knowledge and experience.”
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain