Airbus Helicopters Inc. on Wednesday announced a cooperation agreement with Survival Systems USA for the delivery of helicopter underwater egress and surface water survival training.
The agreement announced at Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville will enhance the capabilities of Airbus Helicopters Inc. to offer the highest standard of training to its customers across all missions and platforms. Survival Systems will provide the actual training at a facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
“This is one of many steps we have undertaken as part of a long-term plan to offer our customers a central, convenient, and cost-effective one-stop training solution,” said Sebastien Delmaire, Vice President of Strategy and Company Development for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “I am pleased that Survival Systems USA is teaming with us on this project.”
“We are proud to partner with Survival Systems, the leader in underwater egress training,” said Terry Eichman, Director of Training for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “This training will enable our customers across all market segments to improve the safety of their pilots and crews.”
“With their commitment to excellence, Airbus Helicopters Inc. is an ideal partner for Survival Systems to expand our mission of preserving lives,” said Maria C. Hanna, President and CEO of Survival Systems USA. “We offer aircraft specific underwater egress and water survival training that is typically not found in the U.S. commercial aviation marketplace. I am personally delighted by the potential impact our combined efforts, expertise, and resources will have on improving aviation safety.”
For more information on Airbus Helicopters industry-leading rotorcraft, services and training, the Heli-Expo 2016 exhibit located at Booth #9651.
About Survival Systems USA
Survival Systems USA Inc., based in Groton, Conn., is a world leader in underwater egress and water survival training. With more than three decades of research and innovation, Survival Systems USA is uniquely positioned to safely and consistently provide aircraft specific training solutions combined with full environmental training scenarios for fixed and rotary wing aviation professionals, across all missions and aircraft platforms. To learn more about Survival Systems USA, visit the website at www.survivalsystemsinc.com.
- Frictape Net Awarded Patent for Lighting Apparatus of a Helicopter Deck
- Lockheed Awarded $93M Contract for H-60 Support
- StandardAero sold by one private equity firm to another
- Medical City Fort Worth opens new helipad
- Monacair turns 30 and looks ahead
- Lockheed Awarded $10M Contract for Apache Modernized Vision Sensors
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role