Turbomeca (Safran) will introduce an engine retrofit program to enable Arriel 2S1powered S-76C+ operators to upgrade to the Arriel 2S2 S-76C++ model. This engine upgrade will be conducted alongside an airframe retrofit program provided by Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin company.
Upgrading to S-76C++ configuration with Arriel 2S2 engines will deliver improved mission capabilities including greater take-off and cruising power, reduced pilot workload and higher payload.
Certified in 2005, the Arriel 2S2 is eight per cent more powerful than the Arriel 2S1. The engine delivers take-off power at 923 shp, cruise power of 832 shp and a maximum One Engine Inoperative (OEI) rating of 1033 shp. The 2S2 also features a dual-channel FADEC Arriel 2S2 meets the highest market standards in terms of reliability and robustness, with a TBO that has been extended to 3,850 hours.
Turbomeca Vice-President Support and Services Franck Saudo commented, “This upgrade program is a great opportunity to offer our customers greater performance and added value with the Arriel 2S2 which is an already proven high-performance engine on the S76”.
The engine retrofit upgrade will be available for order in the second quarter of 2016.
Around 12,000 Arriel units have been produced, of which 700 are Arriel 2S1 and 2S2, together logging 45 million flight hours. Ranging from 650 to 1000 shp, the Arriel engine family powers over 40 different helicopter types.
Arriel is the best-selling helicopter engine solution in its class. An Arriel-powered helicopter takes off every 15 seconds – all day, every day.
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold