Greenwich AeroGroup announced today that it has successfully installed its LiveAero system on an AW139 at its Summit Aviation facility in Middletown, Del.
“This is an exciting achievement for the LiveAero platform,” said Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Greenwich AeroGroup Daniel Lafrance. “This satellite broadband connectivity solution is the best value in the marketplace and it is geared to fit all AW139 configurations, including current production aircraft so that all operators can connect”.
LiveAero, developed by Thales, is the only fixed wing and rotorcraft data broadband solution that works everywhere in the world, including remote, oceanic and polar regions, for passengers requiring smartphone, tablet or laptop connectivity. Based upon the Iridium OpenPortTM broadband technology, the system has Wi-Fi enabled, bi-directional data effective speed of up to 300 kbps through network built in optimization. The system also includes three separate voice lines for calls to be placed anywhere in the world. Connectivity is available in the air or on the ground and is not impaired by helicopter rotors or weather conditions.
Greenwich AeroGroup expects to receive the Supplemental Type Certificate on the AW139 in approximately 30 days
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces