EASA has certified the Garmin G500H Avionics Display System and the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS autopilot for installation in the Robinson R66. G500H Avionics Display System – improving situational awareness / significantly reducing risk
The G500H is a combination of Primary Flight Display and Multifunction Display (PFD/MFD) that provides flight instrument, moving map navigation and situational awareness information on dual screens.
Installed in the R66 within a new, purpose designed instrument panel that also retains all required traditional instruments, the dual 6.5″ LCD screens provide attitude, airspeed, altitude, climb rate and course/heading information along with detailed moving-map graphics showing the helicopter’s current position in relation to ground features, chart data, navaids and flight plan routings.
A Garmin GTN 750 GPS / Com navigator is required with the G500H and is installed just below the PFD/MFD on the new instrument panel within easy reach of either pilot seat.
At a glance advantages:
- Easy to read dual 6.5” flight displays
- See clearly in dark VFR night, DVE or inadvertent IMC with HSVT™
- Helicopter Terrain Awareness Warning System (HTAWS) support
- Weather, traffic, and charting all in your primary field of view
- Video input for FLIR or other camera display
HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System – improving safety / reducing workload Once equipped with Garmin G500H system, the HeliSAS autopilot may also be added to European R66s. In its primary mode, the autopilot functions as a stability augmentation system by applying corrective inputs to the cyclic in order to maintain fixed pitch and roll attitude. Only light force on the cyclic is required to override or “fly through” the system, so it can be left engaged continuously while still allowing the pilot to manoeuvre comfortably. Additional autopilot modes are heading hold, altitude hold, navigation signal tracking (VOR or GPS) and approach navigation (including vertical guidance). The autopilot does not provide any collective or pedal inputs.
At a glance advantages:
- Reduced Pilot Workload – With autopilot and stability augmentation, pilots are freed up to concentrate on other flight deck tasks.
- Safer, More Confident Command – Precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or shifts in weight.
- Auto-Recover to Neutral Attitude – In the event that a pilot loses visual reference due to limited visibility, releasing the cyclic causes the helicopter to automatically recover to a near-level attitude.
- Unmatched stability and ease of handling – While the pilot may override the HeliSAS at any time with manual cyclic inputs, the attitude stabilisation and force feel features enhance handling characteristics to allow the pilot to easily transition from HeliSAS to manual flight.
Discover the advantages of this new generation of R66 equipment at a Heli Air base close to you.
To introduce this new level of R66 glass cockpit sophistication to clients, Heli Air will be touring its seven nationwide bases during March and April to present this new equipment and demonstrate the G500H system fitted to an R66. Your local Heli Air base manager will be contacting you shortly to take bookings but you can also contact them direct to reserve your place.
Pricing for the newly EASA certified R66 optional avionics are:
- The new Garmin G500H PFD / MFD costs $35,700 as a Robinson R66 factory installation and is coupled to the Garmin GTN 750 navigator priced at $24,000. It also links to the Garmin GTX 330 ES Mode S transponder priced at $3,400
- The SAS / Autopilot Genesys HeliSAS also RHC factory installed in a new R66 costs $46,000 and couples to the Garmin G500H – (all prices + VAT)
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 to its fleet