BHI2 Helicopters has announced that a mock-up of United Rotorcraft’s new overlay floor system has been installed in one of their BHI H-60 “C-Hawks”. It will be available to view at the 2016 Helicopter Association International Heli Expo in Louisville Kentucky March 2nd through the 3rd in Static Area 1-3.
This announcement comes after months of close partnership and discussions between United Rotorcraft – An Air Methods Company and BHI2 Helicopters to help develop and further both companies position in the UH-60 marketplace.
David McCartney, Director of Sales for BHI2 Helicopters, commented, “Our overall goal is to develop the Blackhawk into a multi-purpose helicopter in the commercial marketplace. Having a relationship with a company like United Rotorcraft who has worked with the Blackhawk extensively with modifications and design, allows us to partner together with ideas and resources that we could never do separately.”
BHI2 and United Rotorcraft have partnered already in the past on projects for the UH-60 aircraft. They have confirmed that they will continue to work together to develop unique solutions and technologies for both of their customers in the commercial and military marketplace.
Bob Brodin, Director of Government Programs for United Rotorcraft, commented “The capability to not only have an aircraft available to use for mock-ups and design, but also one that is a true Research and Development aircraft that we can perform flight testing is outstanding. This adds a whole new level of capability to our business.”
United Rotorcraft has been a leader in developing and marketing a multitude of systems and technologies for the UH-60/S-70 Blackhawk series of aircraft. One of the most notable systems is the Multi-Patient Litter System. This system is modular and provides Blackhawk operators, including the US Army, the capability of converting a UH-60 airframe into a MEDEVAC mission platform in approximately twenty minutes per side. United Rotorcraft also played a key role in developing the Los Angeles County Firehawk program incorporating a single-pilot flight deck as well as numerous other modifications to the airframe to fit its mission criteria.
BHI2 is a collaboration between Brown Helicopter, Inc. of Pensacola, FL and Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. of Leesburg, Florida. Collectively the two companies have over two decades supporting and operating the Sikorsky UH-60/S-70 Black Hawk.
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, An Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy