Garmin Pilot users with Android devices can now enjoy upgraded connectivity options along with enhanced features to make it more versatile and user-friendly for aviators everywhere.
Our latest all-in-one ADS-B solution, the GTX 345 transponder, which includes Extended Squitter (ES) ADS-B Out as well as dual-link ADS-B In, will integrate with Garmin Pilot on compatible Android devices. While connected, pilots can enjoy subscriptions free FIS-B weather, a complete picture ADS-B equipped traffic with TargetTrend technology, TerminalTraffic, GPS position data, back-up attitude information for Synthetic Vision and the Garmin panel view.
New trip planning enhancement features will also help to make preparing for a flight even easier. An Altitude Selector Guide helps pilots determine the optimum cruising altitude for a flight. A new Minimum Flight Requirement Warning will appear when the TAF for the departure and/or destination airports indicate the weather conditions are below the VFR or IFR minimums. A yellow warning triangle will appear in several locations on the app to alert the pilot. If you’re flying in IFR conditions, an Alternate Selection Guide will display airport information along with ceiling and visibility.
If your aircraft is equipped with the GDL 88 & Flight Stream 110/210, or if you have a portable GDL 39 in the cockpit, a pop-up will be displayed on Garmin Pilot and audio alerts for notification of nearby ADS-B traffic. Additional enhancements that include the ability to view an airport in Google Maps, and an improved airport widget that allows quick access to pertinent information including elevation, frequency, runway and non-standard traffic patterns. Chart search capability has also been improved to display all charts for an airport, sorted and color-coded by type.
Finally, to support the addition of custom user waypoints, we have added support for multiple latitude and longitude formats. For more information or questions, please contact us at [email protected]
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus