Garmin Pilot users with Android devices can now enjoy upgraded connectivity options along with enhanced features to make it more versatile and user-friendly for aviators everywhere.
Our latest all-in-one ADS-B solution, the GTX 345 transponder, which includes Extended Squitter (ES) ADS-B Out as well as dual-link ADS-B In, will integrate with Garmin Pilot on compatible Android devices. While connected, pilots can enjoy subscriptions free FIS-B weather, a complete picture ADS-B equipped traffic with TargetTrend technology, TerminalTraffic, GPS position data, back-up attitude information for Synthetic Vision and the Garmin panel view.
New trip planning enhancement features will also help to make preparing for a flight even easier. An Altitude Selector Guide helps pilots determine the optimum cruising altitude for a flight. A new Minimum Flight Requirement Warning will appear when the TAF for the departure and/or destination airports indicate the weather conditions are below the VFR or IFR minimums. A yellow warning triangle will appear in several locations on the app to alert the pilot. If you’re flying in IFR conditions, an Alternate Selection Guide will display airport information along with ceiling and visibility.
If your aircraft is equipped with the GDL 88 & Flight Stream 110/210, or if you have a portable GDL 39 in the cockpit, a pop-up will be displayed on Garmin Pilot and audio alerts for notification of nearby ADS-B traffic. Additional enhancements that include the ability to view an airport in Google Maps, and an improved airport widget that allows quick access to pertinent information including elevation, frequency, runway and non-standard traffic patterns. Chart search capability has also been improved to display all charts for an airport, sorted and color-coded by type.
Finally, to support the addition of custom user waypoints, we have added support for multiple latitude and longitude formats. For more information or questions, please contact us at [email protected]
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO