True Blue Power have announced the company’s revolutionary TB17 (17 amp-hour) lithium-ion engine-start battery will power the new Bell Helicopter 505 Jet Ranger X™.
The TB17 battery utilizes proprietary Nanophosphate® lithium-ion cell chemistry to provide unmatched power, energy, safety and life. Weighing less than 16 pounds, the TB17 offers 45 percent weight savings, increased payload, and 60 to 90 percent reduced maintenance cost when compared to lead-acid and nickel-cadmium alternatives. In addition to advanced chemistry, the intelligent battery system is engineered with several layers of protection and communicates real-time battery status to the pilot.
“This aircraft was designed with our customers in mind,” said Lashan Bonaparte, Bell Helicopter, 505 Program Manager. “They continually provide us with invaluable insight about how we can improve our products and what they need for their missions so that we can, in-turn, deliver a product that offers the best combination of value, performance, safety and support that our customers have come to expect from Bell Helicopter.”
Bell’s latest addition to the short light single (SLS) category is the first in its class to feature a fully integrated glass flight deck built around the Garmin G1000H Integrated Avionics Suite. With entry into service expected this year, the Bell 505 has a solid backlog of approximately 350 units and continues to attract attention from potential customers due to its advanced technology and sleek, modern design.
Operating within an AS 9100C certified facility, True Blue Power specializes in the custom design and manufacturing of next-generation power solutions for the global aviation industry. It is the first company in the world to achieve FAA TSO and EASA ETSO certifications for three sophisticated lithium-ion battery products: the TB17 and TB44 (46 amp-hour) Advanced Lithium-ion Batteries, and the TS835 Lithium-ion Emergency Power Supply.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics