The HELP Appeal – the only charity in the UK dedicated to funding the construction of hospital helipads– has made another huge donation of £50,000 towards Northern General Hospital’s helipad, bringing it ever closer to its final target of £2million.
Over the past two years, the HELP Appeal has raised over £1 million – over half of the total amount needed – for the ‘Saving Time, Saving Lives’ appeal launched by the Sheffield Hospitals Charity, which has been dedicated to building the much needed helipad.
Robert Bertram, Chief Executive of the HELP Appeal said:
‘We feel very passionate about this project and are very excited that construction is nearing completion. Our grant will go towards supporting the costs for this helipad, which will serve patients across South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and East Midlands.
‘The HELP Appeal has been involved from the very beginning – committing £1million at the very start of this life saving project, through to seeing the first building work taking place in June 2015. Having this new helipad will make a huge difference to critically ill patients in the region.’
David Reynolds, Director of Sheffield Hospital’s Charity said:
“We’d like to say a huge thank you to the HELP Appeal for their very generous donations. Thanks to their support we are now even closer to achieving our fundraising target for our helipad appeal.
Sheffield Hospitals Charity are still raising funds towards the helipad and we hope to conclude the appeal during 2016. We are at a critical stage in the project and I’d like to urge anybody who can, to get behind our appeal and help us to fund this vital development.”
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories