The HELP Appeal – the only charity in the UK dedicated to funding the construction of hospital helipads– has made another huge donation of £50,000 towards Northern General Hospital’s helipad, bringing it ever closer to its final target of £2million.
Over the past two years, the HELP Appeal has raised over £1 million – over half of the total amount needed – for the ‘Saving Time, Saving Lives’ appeal launched by the Sheffield Hospitals Charity, which has been dedicated to building the much needed helipad.
Robert Bertram, Chief Executive of the HELP Appeal said:
‘We feel very passionate about this project and are very excited that construction is nearing completion. Our grant will go towards supporting the costs for this helipad, which will serve patients across South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and East Midlands.
‘The HELP Appeal has been involved from the very beginning – committing £1million at the very start of this life saving project, through to seeing the first building work taking place in June 2015. Having this new helipad will make a huge difference to critically ill patients in the region.’
David Reynolds, Director of Sheffield Hospital’s Charity said:
“We’d like to say a huge thank you to the HELP Appeal for their very generous donations. Thanks to their support we are now even closer to achieving our fundraising target for our helipad appeal.
Sheffield Hospitals Charity are still raising funds towards the helipad and we hope to conclude the appeal during 2016. We are at a critical stage in the project and I’d like to urge anybody who can, to get behind our appeal and help us to fund this vital development.”
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines