Magellan Aerospace (“Magellan”) announced today that a Wire Strike Protection System™ (WSPS™) will soon be available for the Robinson R66 helicopter platform with the anticipated issuance of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) in the first quarter of 2016.
The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The basic WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutter, and a windshield deflector.
The R66 WSPS™ kit is expected to be available for new R66 helicopters commencing in the fall of 2016. Internal provisions for the R66 WSPS™ platform will be available as an option from Robinson on new helicopters and will allow for easy installation of the exterior kit. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available to retrofit older R66 helicopters from Magellan Aerospace’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps).
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom