Airwork recently ordered its 100th LTS101-850B-2 engine from Honeywell which is a fantastic achievement for the joint venture project that started between Honeywell and Airwork in 2009. The 850B-2 engines are installed into the BK117-B2 providing an impressive upgrade to the aircraft performance and capability. Airwork brands the upgraded aircraft as the BK117-850D2.
The Airwork and Honeywell joint venture program was created to provide BK117 operators an economical way to meet Category A / Class 1 requirements while dramatically enhancing the performance, safety and capabilities of the helicopter. The LTS101-850B-2 engine upgrade provides an economic light twin engine helicopter punching above its weight.
With the 850B-2 engines fitted and the BK117’s high maneuverability, the BK117-850D2 is the perfect choice across a multitude of Utility roles encompassing lifting, power line work, fire-fighting, seismic, OGP support and passenger transport.
The demand for the BK117-850D2 is proving strong with helicopter operators with more than forty seven flying today. We continue to see the program being extremely successful into the future.
Airwork (NZ) Ltd is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is New Zealand’s largest diversified general aviation business operating in multiple countries providing maintenance work, dynamic component overhaul, turbine support, design and manufacture. Airwork (NZ) Ltd is an authorised Service Centre for Honeywell, Airbus Helicopters, Kawasaki and Breeze-Eastern.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- SPAES installs Spidertracks on BK117
- Kawasaki Receives First Order for New BK117
- 17-Aug-18 VH-JWB Airbus BK117 Ulladulla, Australia
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New plug and play caution/warning panel for BK117
- HALO Air Rescue to add BK117
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- BK117 Modification Granted FAA Certification
- BK117 Dual Torque Gauge Granted FAA Approval
- BK117 Role Equipment granted FAA Certification
- 02-May-17 ZK-IED Airbus BK117A3 Porirua Harbour, New Zealand
- Kawasaki receives first H145 order
- Airwork Upgrade of STARS BK117 fleet to meet Transport Canada H1 Helipad requirements
- UK military awards Everett Aviation contract for three BK117s in Kenya
- Kobe-based Hiratagakuen signs contract for two H145s
- ADAC upgrades two BK117s to -850D2 standard
- Mercy Flight Western New York opens new facility