The Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) is delighted to announce that Hanna Sebright was duly appointed as the new Chairman of the Association at their Annual General Meeting held on Monday 7 March 2016.
A large gathering of representatives from across the European HEMS sector, attended the AGM which saw former Chairman Bill Sivewright hand over his reign to Hanna after a three year period in charge.
Before signing off, Bill highlighted some of the Association’s achievements and explained how 2015 had been a great year for patients due to amazing developments in pre-hospital care, the procurement of more advanced equipment, better governance and the sharing of knowledge of members. He subsequently described how the Association had become a conduit in representing the sector and listed the numerous successes, making it the most successful year yet.
Bill Said: “Over the past four years, it has been my privilege to hold the position of Vice Chair and then Chair. Although I cannot claim the credit, I look with pride on what we have achieved during that time. We have seen our Association truly come of age and the recognition by key Government departments has helped us secure funding and significant influence with both national and international regulatory bodies.”
Steve Wheaton, Assistant Chief of West Midlands Ambulance Service was also appointed Vice Chair, with Paula Martin, CEO of Cornwall Air Ambulance and Andy Moir, Head of Air Ambulance Service of Scottish Ambulance Service being appointed to the Board of Directors of the AAA. Clive Dickin National Director commented:
“The AAA represents the majority of air ambulance charities and NHS ambulance services in the UK, this representation is possible through democratic process and it’s a real privilege to have such a dynamic and influential Board to work with.”
Following the AGM, the Association held its quarterly Members’ Forum and provided attendees with important updates on a range of key topics.
Nigel Hare, Vice Chair of the AAA Operational Subcommittee gave a thorough and detailed review of the scheduled roll-out of the ESMC / Ambulance Radio Programme and explained the importance of member’s engagement with all parties involved. Nick Campion, Independent Secretary to the Judges, provided some really informative hints and tips on how to submit a good entry into the AAA Awards of Excellence and encouraged people to think about their entries now.
Clive Dickin, AAA National Director talked about the All Party Parliamentary Group for Air Ambulances (APPGAA), giving key dates for 2016 and providing an update on the lobbying of Government. Other topics were covered including the benefit of membership affinities, structure and personnel changes within the AAA Subcommittees and future plans for National Air Ambulance Week.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique