The Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) is delighted to announce that the new date of National Air Ambulance Week 2016 is Monday 19th to Sunday 25th September.
NAAW is an initiative created by the AAA and celebrates the work of local air ambulances, giving them a national voice and an opportunity to promote the work they do at a local level. This annual event is a regular feature on event calendars across the UK, with many air ambulance charities organising their own fundraising and awareness campaigns during this time.
The move, from the last week of September is strategic and forms part of a broader plan which culminates moving the date forward a further week in 2017 to its new permanent home.
Clive Dickin, National Director of the Association said: “NAAW is the annual event when all 20 charities across the UK celebrate and encourage support for air ambulances which are mainly funded by donations. With many investing funds to expand their operations to provide night HEMS missions, upgrading their aircraft or placing investment into the advanced education and training of their paramedics and doctors, there is no better way to show them your support.
“The change is a strategic decision allowing for a number of factors to be accommodated in our member’s plans; be it better weather, longer days and a less cluttered program of other national events.
“The move also coincides with a review and the identification of further improvements which will be announced later in 2016 and 2017. This is being driven by the Communications Subcommittee of the AAA before being approved by the Board.”
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center