Systron Donner Inertial (SDI), a brand of InnoVista Sensors™ has been awarded a Firm Fixed Price Contract in the amount of $2.7M by Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. Company, for the delivery of a Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) QRS21 Multi-Axis Quartz MEMS Gyro System. This initial contract release is for hardware deliveries starting in 2016 through 2018 and includes options for annual releases out to 2021 worth up to $4.8M.
The QRS21 is an integral part of the Flight and Stabilization Control System used on the Bell AH-1Z and UH-1Y attack and utility helicopters. The core of SDI’s QRS21 solution is the COTS QRS11 quartz rate sensors, still the industry’s first and only MEMS-based Quartz flight control box delivering extremely stable and reliable field proven performance over varying temperature ranges and high vibrational environments. The H-1 helicopter triplex flight control system is configured such that each QRS21 flight control box provides for both primary and redundant gyro information per axis.
“Bell Helicopter is an industry leader in vertical lift platform technology, and is a long standing SDI customer with a strong reputation for reliable, innovative and cost effective helicopters. “SDI is honored to support the Bell Helicopter AH-1Z and UH-1Y aircraft and the servicemen and women who use them” said David Hoyh, Director Sales & Marketing for SDI. “SDI’s mission for its growing line of Quartz MEMS Gyroscopes, Inertial Measurement Units and INS/GPS products is to deliver superior inertial bias and noise performance in smaller, lighter, more reliable, cost effective product solutions than traditional SiMEMS, FOG or RLG technologies.”
For further information and specifications on the QRS11 used in the QRS21 flight control box, or for information on the complete SDI product line, visit www.systron.com.
- 18-Oct-19 TI-AZM Bell UH-1H Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 08-Mar-19 N64RA Bell UH-1B Olympic Peninsula, US-Washington (1F)
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com