Oceania Aviation, the Robinson helicopter distributor for New Zealand’s South Island, has accepted an order for a brand new Robinson R44 from leading Tourist Operator, Southern Lakes Helicopters. The soon-to-be-imported aircraft will be the first new R44 to arrive in New Zealand for over 2 years. With over 160 R44 models registered in New Zealand, it is a model familiar to New Zealand operators and new owners, Southern Lakes Helicopters are excited to add this high performance aircraft to their fleet.
The Oceania Aviation sales team have worked on all aspects of the aircraft purchase, arranging shipping, insurance, C of A, and even going so far as to personally deliver the aircraft upon its arrival with company Sales and Marketing Manager, Stephen Boyce, flying the R44 from Auckland to Te Anau. Being experts in aircraft sales and brokerage the sales team understand the process and take all the pressure off of the buyer, allowing them to continue business as usual with a date set for the arrival of their new addition. Having in-house maintenance capacity also aids Oceania Aviation’s sales process and the cost to the buyer for aircraft assembly once it reaches the NZ shores.
Southern Lakes Helicopters can be found in Te Anau, located between Queenstown and the Milford sound, a key location for those wanting to enjoy the beautiful scenery and as well as the activities associated with the region. Their fleet are used for scenic and charter flights as well as for commercial operations.
With the focus on using the R44 for tourism in the breath taking Fiordland scenery in the South Island, Oceania Aviation are delivering the aircraft just in time for the autumn and winter tourism boom. With over 3.2 million international tourist visiting New Zealand in the year ending February 2016, and approximately 25% growth in tourism in the Fiordland region since 2014 the new R44 will soon take to the skies offering flights over the beautiful Fiordland National Park.
The need for and purchase of the new R44 is also a result of the very real and tangible Middle-Earth effect on NZ tourism. Southern Lakes Helicopters offer a number of diverse scenic tours, including a Lord of the Rings flight which covers iconic scenery such as the River Anduin – remember the river the hobbits travel down and through the gates of Argonath after Gandalf dies in The Fellowship of the Ring?
With many international visitors stating Sir Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies as one of their reasons for visiting New Zealand, the Robinson 44 is the perfect aircraft for LOTR fans and others to enjoy the NZ landscape from above.
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa
- 23-Oct-19 N225JM Robinson R44 Las Vegas, US-Nevada (2F)
- 21-Oct-19 UR-KTB Robinson R44 Tarasenkove, Ukraine (1F)
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- 15-Jul-19 N144TG Robinson R44 II Hayward, US-California (1F)
- 17-Jun-19 N7187D Robinson R44 Catalina Island, US-California (1F)
- 02-Jun-19 N41351 Robinson R44 II near Mulberry Mountain, US-Arkansas (3F)
- 17-May-19 N744TW Robinson R44 II Alpine, US-Utah (2F)
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- 29-Apr-19 N808NV Robinson R44 Kawainui, US-Hawaii (3F)
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center