Mick Borwell, Health & Safety Director, Oil & Gas UK, said: “Following publication of the Air Accidents Investigation Branch report into the Sumburgh tragedy we will take time to carefully examine its findings. Our thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of those not with us today.
“There are many recommendations in this report aimed at improving both flight operations and post-crash survivability. Oil & Gas UK supports the move to further enhance the safety of offshore helicopter flights.
A number of initiatives have already been implemented by industry following the publication of the Civil Aviation Authority CAP1145 report containing actions and recommendations for helicopter safety.
“Steps taken to improve survivability include introducing seat allocation in helicopters so they are compatible with passenger size and equipping passengers with improved emergency breathing equipment in the unlikely event there is an incident.
“Everyone has the right to get to and from their workplace safely and we must respond to the learnings in this report. Industry will continue to work with the helicopter operators, regulators and the workforce to make offshore operations as safe as they can be.”
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet
- Parilease asks Avinco to manage 21 ex CHC EC225s
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- Helitech 2016: Stretching Safety too Far – a Withering Safety Culture