Bristow employees in Nigeria continue their support of Ijamido Children’s Home with a recent visit to bring donations of clothes, shoes and toys. During the visit, employees met and took pictures with the children, and encouraged them to keep working hard and doing well in school.
“It was truly a heart-warming experience, and we are happy to help meet the children’s needs,” said Commercial Buyer Emmanuel Jaja.
The home is located in a congested area near Lagos, Nigeria, and consists of three buildings – with one house for the boys and one for the girls. The third building contains a school area for the young children and rooms for the volunteers who monitor the children. Most volunteers are former orphans from the home and understand how important it is for the home to remain open.
Several of the children at the home have visited the Bristow hangar complex, and are now aspiring to become pilots and engineers when they grow up. This has inspired many of the children to study harder in school in order to be academically eligible to apply for one of the many Bristow Academy scholarships when they are older.
Bristow employees have supported the children’s home since 2015, collecting financial and in kind donations in their local communities around the world to help improve the facility, pay school fees, provide shoes for all the students, and send food supplies when needed. Employees also work to improve the facility, and have refurbished the bathrooms and showers, updated the drainage and cooking, and installed a washing area to aid in cleaning clothes.
Bristow recently matched all employee donations made to the children’s home to date.
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation