Bristow employees in Nigeria continue their support of Ijamido Children’s Home with a recent visit to bring donations of clothes, shoes and toys. During the visit, employees met and took pictures with the children, and encouraged them to keep working hard and doing well in school.
“It was truly a heart-warming experience, and we are happy to help meet the children’s needs,” said Commercial Buyer Emmanuel Jaja.
The home is located in a congested area near Lagos, Nigeria, and consists of three buildings – with one house for the boys and one for the girls. The third building contains a school area for the young children and rooms for the volunteers who monitor the children. Most volunteers are former orphans from the home and understand how important it is for the home to remain open.
Several of the children at the home have visited the Bristow hangar complex, and are now aspiring to become pilots and engineers when they grow up. This has inspired many of the children to study harder in school in order to be academically eligible to apply for one of the many Bristow Academy scholarships when they are older.
Bristow employees have supported the children’s home since 2015, collecting financial and in kind donations in their local communities around the world to help improve the facility, pay school fees, provide shoes for all the students, and send food supplies when needed. Employees also work to improve the facility, and have refurbished the bathrooms and showers, updated the drainage and cooking, and installed a washing area to aid in cleaning clothes.
Bristow recently matched all employee donations made to the children’s home to date.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas