Local news outlets in Nevada are reporting that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police have approval to buy a new Airbus H145, with delivery targeted for March 2017. The new helicopter will operate in the SAR role and replace one of two HH-1H helicopers which date back to the early 1970s. The Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs approved the purchase of the new helicopter Monday morning, after more than a year of discussions.
This will be the first twin-engined helicopter operated by the Metro Police. The unit’s current fleet consists of four MD530Fs and one Bell 407, alongside the two Hueys. The Air Support Unit operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and flies 6,000 hours annually.
Department CFO Rich Hoggan said that the price of $9.6M, including spares and training, is being offset by $1.6M from the sale of an existing aircraft, and $2M from a lawsuit settlement. Hoggan is also leading an initiative to seek an increase in fees at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and Lake Mead National Recreation Area to help support the helicopter SAR operations. The department said it averages 160 rescues each year.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- SAFE provides maintenance stands to New Mexico State Police
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- 06-Aug-20 PK-JBX Airbus H145 Batulicin, Indonesia
- DRF “Christoph 42” in Schleswig-Holstein upgrades from EC145 to H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- 01-Jun-20 LN-OOU Airbus H145 Skibotn, Norway
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s