Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today that the Colombian Air Force (COLAF) had accepted their seventh Huey II Kit – continuing to improve their fleet performance and mission readiness.
The delivery of the Huey II Kit is a part of an ongoing upgrade program designed to revitalize the Colombian Air Force’s UH-1H fleet. The upgrade allows for multiple configurations and increased overall mission capability.
“The Huey II upgrade reduces direct maintenance costs (DMCs), improves performance and enhances safety,” said Bob Poindexter, Huey II Customer Support and Services Program Manager for Bell Helicopter. “With more than 270 aircraft built, the Huey II is the only OEM approved UH-1H upgrade currently available.”
In addition to improved aircraft performance, the Huey II upgrade program has allowed for increased capabilities of COLAF maintenance personnel. COLAF’s ability to work directly with Bell Helicopter’s onsite support throughout the initial conversion process has allowed maintenance personnel to develop a broader understanding of the Huey II structural and maintenance differences from the UH-1H.
“The program began with an onsite full-time Bell Helicopter technical representative supporting the in-country upgrade program for the initial Huey II conversion,” added Poindexter. “Following the initial upgrade, COLAF has been completing all conversions. The program overall allows for the increased fleet longevity and better cost oversight and forecasting.”
Bell Helicopter provides its customers with local support in every corner of the world and has the largest support network in the industry with more than 100 Authorized Customer Service Facilities in 34 countries. Ranked number one in customer support by Professional Pilot magazine for 22 consecutive years, Bell Helicopter is committed to having resources where customers operate to speed up delivery of service and support, and give customers access to service professionals that are easy to reach, know the operating environment and understand their needs.
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- FAA certifies new Bell 204/205/UH-1 blades from HTC
- 18-Oct-19 TI-AZM Bell UH-1H Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 08-Mar-19 N64RA Bell UH-1B Olympic Peninsula, US-Washington (1F)
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey