In honor of Maverick Helicopters’ first anniversary in Maui, Hawaii, the award-winning aviation company will launch two new flights on Friday, April 1.
The unique excursions, one that offers a breathtaking sunset flight over Maui, Molokai and Lanai and another that allows locals and visitors alike to adventure over the North Shore of Maui, are the first of its kind on the Hawaiian island.
Sunset Odyssey ($299 per person) – A three-island sunset flight over Maui, Molokai and Lanai
- This journey starts high above Maui and the Pailolo Channel where guests will take in views of the scenic waters and Elephant Rock.
- The experience continues through the ancient fish ponds of Molokai as the flight proceeds to Lanai.
- Passengers will then fly over Shipwreck Beach, which is home to the abandoned World War II Liberty Ship.
- As the flight returns to Maui, guests will enjoy sunset views of Molokini, the crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater; and the resort towns of Makena, Kihei and Wailea.
Aloha Adventure ($229 per person) – North Shore adventure of Maui
- This excursion offers a panorama of the North Shore of Maui and the world-famous Jaws surf area.
- Just off the coast of Keanae, guests will fly above the iconic Jurassic Rock (renamed after Jurassic Park) while taking in distant views of the Wailua Valley waterfalls and Haleakala National Park.
- The flight then follows the beautiful Road to Hana as it embarks toward the famous Hana Rainforest.
During each excursion, passengers will enjoy flying in the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopter – the Airbus EC130 ECO-Star aircraft. Maverick Helicopters is the only company in Hawaii exclusively flying Quiet Technology helicopters. The luxurious aircraft offers guests a spacious cabin for up to seven passengers; voice-activated headsets; theater-style, leather seating; and wraparound windows for superior visibility.
Additional flights offered at Maverick Helicopters’ Maui location include Maui Dream ($389 per person), a full-island excursion; Molokai Voyage ($309 per person), an adventure over Maui and its neighboring island, Moloaki; and Maui Spirit ($299 per person), a flight above Haleakala National Park and the Hana Rainforest.
Custom and private helicopter charters are also available for a more exclusive experience. This option is ideal for wedding parties and special occasions.
For additional information on Maverick Helicopters’ Maui location or to book a reservation, please visit www.flymaverick.com/maui
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19