Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced two Bell 505 letter of intent (LOI) signings in Chile to two corporate customers. Both aircraft will be outfitted for corporate and VIP transport for flights throughout the region. These signings are a testament to the growing demand of this aircraft and brings the current LOI count to more than 350 worldwide and more than 75 throughout Latin America.
Bell Helicopter’s Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Patrick Moulay and one of the customers signed a LOI for the Bell 505 at the FIDAE Airshow.
The second LOI signing took place during the course of the show to a private owner.
“The Bell 505 is ideally suited to fit the needs of the Latin American market, and we are pleased to see the growing numbers of customers signing for the aircraft,” said Patrick Moulay. “The Bell 505 offers an exceptional combination of value, performance and features available on the market, and fits a diverse mission set to serve every customer.”
The five-seat, single-engine, turbine helicopter leverages Bell Helicopter’s proven technology and nearly half a century of experience defining the short light single market with the original Bell JetRanger.
Three flight test vehicles have amassed more than 575 flight hours and work has begun to prepare for initial production at the Louisiana Assembly Center which opened last year in Lafayette, Louisiana. Additionally, engine partner Turbomecca received EASA type certification for the Arrius 2R engine which will power the Bell 505.
- Bell Announces Sale of Six Bell 505s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell and the City of Fort Worth Celebrate Bell 505 Delivery and 70-Year Legacy
- Australia – Powercor starts patrol flights with new Bell 505s
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- 11-Nov-20 HB-ZYN Bell 505 Sion, Switzerland
- 05-Nov-20 N505AJ Bell 505 Chino, US-California
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- Bell announces delivery of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X to Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Air Support Unit
- Bell Delivers 505 Jet Ranger X to Southern Utah University
- Bell 505 Receives Type Acceptance in Tanzania
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Montenegro Air Force signs for two Bell 505s
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Southern Utah University Adds Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s