The second series of Air Ambulance ER will broadcast at 9pm on Monday nights on Sky One.
The show features the work of the Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS), which operates across the North-East, North Yorkshire and Cumbria.
Filming took place last summer at both the charity’s bases, at Durham Tees Valley Airport near Darlington and at Langwathby, near Penrith.
The first episode features the rescue of a tree surgeon from the banks of Windermere and a young man struck by a car in Eaglescliffe, near Stockton-on-Tees.
Rescues featured on the remaining five episodes include:
- A motorcyclist given a blood transfusion in the back of the helicopter in Spennymoor, County Durham
- A man kicked in the stomach by a horse near Coniston
- The team encounter an angry bull while treating a farmer in Blackford, Carlisle
Mandy Drake, head of fundraising at GNAAS, said: “We got so much positive feedback from the last series. Above all it’s just a chance to show what we do. The helicopter is obviously a life-saving piece of machinery but it’s the expertise of the crew on board who make the difference day-in-day-out. We can’t wait to see the new episodes and hope the public enjoy them as well.”
Angela Smith, production executive for Tern Television, the makers of the series, said: “It’s been a real privilege working with the Great North Air Ambulance Service again. We are really proud of the finished series and are looking forward to everyone seeing it.”
GNAAS is entirely dependent on donations to survive as it does not receive funding from the government. Last year it flew 818 missions across the region, including the rescues of 59 children.
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet
- 04-Nov-15 VT-PWF Airbus AS365N3 off Mumbai, India (2F)