In February, we issued a plea to Albertans. A stormy economic climate had led to slumping STARS lottery ticket sales, and it was in danger of not selling out for the first time in its 23-year history.
The response from Albertans was overwhelming. Our phone lines were jammed and website traffic surged. Albertans from rural and urban communities alike stepped forward to help our organization and buy lottery tickets.
More than $2 million worth of tickets were purchased in just three short days. With just hours to spare before the deadline, the last ticket was sold, netting our non-profit more than $11.5 million.
“It takes a community to save a life, and you play a key role in making that possible through your support of the STARS lottery,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “On behalf of an organization so greatly humbled and appreciative of every Albertan’s support: thank you. You have truly proven that when times are tough, Albertans are tougher.”
To honour Albertans’ steadfast commitment through good times and bad, every STARS helicopter in Alberta will proudly bear our Times are tough, Albertans are tougher decal until the next lottery in 2017.
This is a small gesture of appreciation to our steadfast supporters. It may be a $10 temporary decal, but we hope that the sentiment is priceless.
STARS has placed these special decals underneath the nosecone of our BK117 helicopters and under the tailboom of our AW139 helicopters so they are visible when the aircraft passes overhead.
We hope that when you hear a STARS helicopter flying above, you look up and know this decal is there as a symbol of our gratitude to you.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software