In February, we issued a plea to Albertans. A stormy economic climate had led to slumping STARS lottery ticket sales, and it was in danger of not selling out for the first time in its 23-year history.
The response from Albertans was overwhelming. Our phone lines were jammed and website traffic surged. Albertans from rural and urban communities alike stepped forward to help our organization and buy lottery tickets.
More than $2 million worth of tickets were purchased in just three short days. With just hours to spare before the deadline, the last ticket was sold, netting our non-profit more than $11.5 million.
“It takes a community to save a life, and you play a key role in making that possible through your support of the STARS lottery,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “On behalf of an organization so greatly humbled and appreciative of every Albertan’s support: thank you. You have truly proven that when times are tough, Albertans are tougher.”
To honour Albertans’ steadfast commitment through good times and bad, every STARS helicopter in Alberta will proudly bear our Times are tough, Albertans are tougher decal until the next lottery in 2017.
This is a small gesture of appreciation to our steadfast supporters. It may be a $10 temporary decal, but we hope that the sentiment is priceless.
STARS has placed these special decals underneath the nosecone of our BK117 helicopters and under the tailboom of our AW139 helicopters so they are visible when the aircraft passes overhead.
We hope that when you hear a STARS helicopter flying above, you look up and know this decal is there as a symbol of our gratitude to you.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award