In February, we issued a plea to Albertans. A stormy economic climate had led to slumping STARS lottery ticket sales, and it was in danger of not selling out for the first time in its 23-year history.
The response from Albertans was overwhelming. Our phone lines were jammed and website traffic surged. Albertans from rural and urban communities alike stepped forward to help our organization and buy lottery tickets.
More than $2 million worth of tickets were purchased in just three short days. With just hours to spare before the deadline, the last ticket was sold, netting our non-profit more than $11.5 million.
“It takes a community to save a life, and you play a key role in making that possible through your support of the STARS lottery,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “On behalf of an organization so greatly humbled and appreciative of every Albertan’s support: thank you. You have truly proven that when times are tough, Albertans are tougher.”
To honour Albertans’ steadfast commitment through good times and bad, every STARS helicopter in Alberta will proudly bear our Times are tough, Albertans are tougher decal until the next lottery in 2017.
This is a small gesture of appreciation to our steadfast supporters. It may be a $10 temporary decal, but we hope that the sentiment is priceless.
STARS has placed these special decals underneath the nosecone of our BK117 helicopters and under the tailboom of our AW139 helicopters so they are visible when the aircraft passes overhead.
We hope that when you hear a STARS helicopter flying above, you look up and know this decal is there as a symbol of our gratitude to you.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified