Helipaddy, the world’s largest moderated database of helicopter landing sites and points of interest, has started to create suggested helicopter tours as a way of demonstrating the capabilities and value of their system.
The first itinerary around the significant First World War (WW1) locations of Northern France has been well received. The suggested route will give pilots and their passengers a unique impression of the length of the Western Front, while enabling a number of the key sites to be viewed from the air such as the huge earth crater near the village of La Boisselle. Helipaddy is also providing an expert guide from the University of Cambridge who will put the history into context at the various chosen landing points en route. Other recommendations include a lunch stop at Chateau de Cocove near St Omer, a town notable for its cemetery of 2,874 graves. This reflects the town’s focus on medical support in WW1, and at its peak had eleven separate clearing hospitals, as it was the custom for each regiment to have their own facilities.
Two of the six departure dates between May and September 2016 are already sold out. Full details can be seen at http://helipaddy.com/trips/WW1. Helicopter pilots and passengers are responsible for all hotel and helicopter bookings, and will choose their own rest and refuelling points.
The WW1 tour is a suggested itinerary, and provides all the information and planning for the trip at a cost per person of £95 including VAT. Further tours are already at the preparation stage and Helipaddy members will be updated by email.
The Helipaddy smartphone apps and website provide detailed data on landing sites, including guidance to minimise environmental impact. Flying with this level of information promotes safe flying and full consideration of others, and has resulted in an increasing number of helicopter pilots using Helipaddy as a primary data source. The demonstrated ability to plan a tour gives both individual pilots and groups a reliable tool to find and store routings and landing sites, and to see weather data.
Helipaddy works both online and via iOS/Android smartphone apps. Helicopter operators, including training schools, service centres, insurance or aircraft brokers can reach a very precise and engaged audience of helicopter pilots. Recently, Helipaddy launched a collaboration with the Good Hotel Guide which means nearly 200 of their hotels are listed in the Helipaddy system, and a single click option to allow pilots to make an overnight or meal reservation.
The accuracy and ergonomic layout of information makes Helipaddy an indispensable tool for helicopter pilots. All members of Helipaddy are welcomed into a community of pilots that can freely share their favourite landing locations with friends, comment on locations they have visited, receive information on upcoming heli-friendly events and can request information on how to land in foreign countries through the Helipaddy support portal.
The combination of these features (and many more) contribute to the truly unique Helipaddy experience. More information at http://helipaddy.com
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award