Airbus Helicopters is very busy with demonstration tours. In addition to the recently reported H145 in Asia and H215 in South America, we can add that they have an H175 in Nigeria targeting the African offshore support industry. The helicopter made its maiden flight demonstration yesterday at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, the main airport for the capital Lagos. There has been no formal announcement of this from the manufacturer.
The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the flight was witnessed by Mr Regis Magnac, Vice President and Head of Operational Marketing, Airbus Helicopters and a former Minister of Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Ihenacho. Speaking at the ceremony, Magnac was also pushing the SAR capabilities of the H175, as well as the expected commercial promotion of the H175 to the offshore market representatives who were present.
There is currently only two operators – Belgian based NHV – flying six H175s and UTair in Russia with one. A total of 101 H175s are now on order or option, including 36 booked in 2015. NHV have significant interest in the West African offshore market, currently with Dauphin, H155 and L2 Super Puma helicopters – although they did announce recently on their LinkedIn company page that they have H155 and Super Puma aircraft available for sale. We expect that the demonstration of the H175 in Nigeria is likely to be a precursor to the service introduction in the region by NHV.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 40,000 FHRS
- NHV extends North Sea contract with Ithaca Energy
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Airbus becomes first manufacturer to digitise paper logcards
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Full Flight Simulator upgraded
- NHV awarded contract from Premier Oil
- NHV gains 12th H175
- Airbus becomes first helicopter manufacturer to digitise paper logcards
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- CHC H175 to become first helicopter new digital logcards
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Chinese Ministry of Transport selects the H175 for SAR
- China picks Airbus H175 for SAR
- Babcock H175s return to Airbus for retrofit work
- CHC Completes First Flight for Neptune Energy