MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) welcomes Kuala Lumpur-based Sapura Aero as an authorized representative serving the South East Asian countries (ASEAN) of Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. As an authorized independent sales representative within the ASEAN region, Sapura Aero will offer the full range of MDHI’s commercial helicopter products as well as the optional equipment and accessories to support them.
“This collaboration between MD Helicopters and Sapura Aero will enable an accelerated development of a robust and self-sustaining commercial rotorcraft market in the ASEAN market,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters. “We are excited about expanding the MD footprint in Southeast Asia, but more so because of the partner we have chosen. Sapura Aero has an impeccable reputation as a professional, resourceful and resilient organization. We are confident that together, the future of rotorcraft in this region will grow exponentially, with a laser-focus on execution and customer service.” Shahriman Shamsuddin, MD of Sapura Aero stated, “This collaboration with MDHI fits well with Sapura Aero’s regional expansion efforts. Our goal is to provide exceptional aircraft handling, hangarage, aircraft management and aircraft charter throughout the region. The combination of MDHI’s proven platforms with our infratstucture and regional network will enable Sapura Aero to offer customized solutions to our customers.”
To support these efforts, the first Malaysian private purchase of the new MD 600N will be managed by Sapura Aero. Through this arragement, Sapura Aero will be able to demonstrate the capabiliteis of the MD 600N to private/VIP owners, EMS operators, and law enforcement and security services.
Though the partnership between MD Helicopters and Sapura Aero was celebrated in an official signing ceremony at the Sapura Aero hangar at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah International Air Port in Kuala Lumpur on October 2, 2015, the companies are participating in their first co-branded event at the Defence Services Asia (DSA) Exposition & Conference in Kuala Lumpur, 18-21 April.
“We are excited about what this partnership will mean for the rotorcraft market throughout the ASEAN region,” said Shamsuddin. “As we look to the future, and the building a regional MRO and training hub in Malaysia, we look forward to improving economic stability to the region as we create jobs training pilots and crews as well as engineers and technicians in support of the MD 500, MD 600 and MD 900 series of helicopters.”
Delivery of the custom-configured MD 600N is planned for Q4 2016 in Malaysia.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring