MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) welcomes Kuala Lumpur-based Sapura Aero as an authorized representative serving the South East Asian countries (ASEAN) of Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. As an authorized independent sales representative within the ASEAN region, Sapura Aero will offer the full range of MDHI’s commercial helicopter products as well as the optional equipment and accessories to support them.
“This collaboration between MD Helicopters and Sapura Aero will enable an accelerated development of a robust and self-sustaining commercial rotorcraft market in the ASEAN market,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters. “We are excited about expanding the MD footprint in Southeast Asia, but more so because of the partner we have chosen. Sapura Aero has an impeccable reputation as a professional, resourceful and resilient organization. We are confident that together, the future of rotorcraft in this region will grow exponentially, with a laser-focus on execution and customer service.” Shahriman Shamsuddin, MD of Sapura Aero stated, “This collaboration with MDHI fits well with Sapura Aero’s regional expansion efforts. Our goal is to provide exceptional aircraft handling, hangarage, aircraft management and aircraft charter throughout the region. The combination of MDHI’s proven platforms with our infratstucture and regional network will enable Sapura Aero to offer customized solutions to our customers.”
To support these efforts, the first Malaysian private purchase of the new MD 600N will be managed by Sapura Aero. Through this arragement, Sapura Aero will be able to demonstrate the capabiliteis of the MD 600N to private/VIP owners, EMS operators, and law enforcement and security services.
Though the partnership between MD Helicopters and Sapura Aero was celebrated in an official signing ceremony at the Sapura Aero hangar at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah International Air Port in Kuala Lumpur on October 2, 2015, the companies are participating in their first co-branded event at the Defence Services Asia (DSA) Exposition & Conference in Kuala Lumpur, 18-21 April.
“We are excited about what this partnership will mean for the rotorcraft market throughout the ASEAN region,” said Shamsuddin. “As we look to the future, and the building a regional MRO and training hub in Malaysia, we look forward to improving economic stability to the region as we create jobs training pilots and crews as well as engineers and technicians in support of the MD 500, MD 600 and MD 900 series of helicopters.”
Delivery of the custom-configured MD 600N is planned for Q4 2016 in Malaysia.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™