On May 21 the IX International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2016 in will host a unique event – Drone Racing. This is a new and exciting sport for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) pilots, who compete in precision and speed. A special drone racing track will be opened at the “Crocus Expo” IEC where the expo takes place.
Drone Racing can be compared to the legendary “Formula One”, but drones are racing in three dimensions, where pilots are required to fly their drones through the checkpoints. Spectators can watch the exiting and colorful piloting from the “first person view” on the big screens that streams video from the drones. Drone pilots are also controlling their craft from the FPV, but they use virtual reality headsets.
Both professionals and newcomers are to join the Drone Racing at HeliRussia 2016. For example, bronze medalists of the World Drone Prix 2016 held in Dubai, the VS team, will be coming at the event. Novice pilots can also take part in the race with their own drones. Racing drone rent will be available too.
A special UAV demonstration zone will be opened during the HeliRussia 2016 expo on 19-21 May. Visitors will have a chance to learn about different drone models, to get the basic drone piloting skills and to learn about different UAV schematics and characteristics. Master-class on custom drone building will be arranged as well.
Drone Racing is another addition to the HeliRussia 2016 program which is expanding with dynamic integration of the Unmanned Aerial Systems. Various UAVs will be showcased, the exhibition will host an international conference “Industry of unmanned aircraft systems”, which will discuss all topical issues of the developing industry.
News, events and list of participants of HeliRussia 2016 is available at the exhibition website.
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support