On May 21 the IX International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2016 in will host a unique event – Drone Racing. This is a new and exciting sport for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) pilots, who compete in precision and speed. A special drone racing track will be opened at the “Crocus Expo” IEC where the expo takes place.
Drone Racing can be compared to the legendary “Formula One”, but drones are racing in three dimensions, where pilots are required to fly their drones through the checkpoints. Spectators can watch the exiting and colorful piloting from the “first person view” on the big screens that streams video from the drones. Drone pilots are also controlling their craft from the FPV, but they use virtual reality headsets.
Both professionals and newcomers are to join the Drone Racing at HeliRussia 2016. For example, bronze medalists of the World Drone Prix 2016 held in Dubai, the VS team, will be coming at the event. Novice pilots can also take part in the race with their own drones. Racing drone rent will be available too.
A special UAV demonstration zone will be opened during the HeliRussia 2016 expo on 19-21 May. Visitors will have a chance to learn about different drone models, to get the basic drone piloting skills and to learn about different UAV schematics and characteristics. Master-class on custom drone building will be arranged as well.
Drone Racing is another addition to the HeliRussia 2016 program which is expanding with dynamic integration of the Unmanned Aerial Systems. Various UAVs will be showcased, the exhibition will host an international conference “Industry of unmanned aircraft systems”, which will discuss all topical issues of the developing industry.
News, events and list of participants of HeliRussia 2016 is available at the exhibition website.
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements