On May 21 the IX International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2016 in will host a unique event – Drone Racing. This is a new and exciting sport for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) pilots, who compete in precision and speed. A special drone racing track will be opened at the “Crocus Expo” IEC where the expo takes place.
Drone Racing can be compared to the legendary “Formula One”, but drones are racing in three dimensions, where pilots are required to fly their drones through the checkpoints. Spectators can watch the exiting and colorful piloting from the “first person view” on the big screens that streams video from the drones. Drone pilots are also controlling their craft from the FPV, but they use virtual reality headsets.
Both professionals and newcomers are to join the Drone Racing at HeliRussia 2016. For example, bronze medalists of the World Drone Prix 2016 held in Dubai, the VS team, will be coming at the event. Novice pilots can also take part in the race with their own drones. Racing drone rent will be available too.
A special UAV demonstration zone will be opened during the HeliRussia 2016 expo on 19-21 May. Visitors will have a chance to learn about different drone models, to get the basic drone piloting skills and to learn about different UAV schematics and characteristics. Master-class on custom drone building will be arranged as well.
Drone Racing is another addition to the HeliRussia 2016 program which is expanding with dynamic integration of the Unmanned Aerial Systems. Various UAVs will be showcased, the exhibition will host an international conference “Industry of unmanned aircraft systems”, which will discuss all topical issues of the developing industry.
News, events and list of participants of HeliRussia 2016 is available at the exhibition website.
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure