On May 21 the IX International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2016 in will host a unique event – Drone Racing. This is a new and exciting sport for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) pilots, who compete in precision and speed. A special drone racing track will be opened at the “Crocus Expo” IEC where the expo takes place.
Drone Racing can be compared to the legendary “Formula One”, but drones are racing in three dimensions, where pilots are required to fly their drones through the checkpoints. Spectators can watch the exiting and colorful piloting from the “first person view” on the big screens that streams video from the drones. Drone pilots are also controlling their craft from the FPV, but they use virtual reality headsets.
Both professionals and newcomers are to join the Drone Racing at HeliRussia 2016. For example, bronze medalists of the World Drone Prix 2016 held in Dubai, the VS team, will be coming at the event. Novice pilots can also take part in the race with their own drones. Racing drone rent will be available too.
A special UAV demonstration zone will be opened during the HeliRussia 2016 expo on 19-21 May. Visitors will have a chance to learn about different drone models, to get the basic drone piloting skills and to learn about different UAV schematics and characteristics. Master-class on custom drone building will be arranged as well.
Drone Racing is another addition to the HeliRussia 2016 program which is expanding with dynamic integration of the Unmanned Aerial Systems. Various UAVs will be showcased, the exhibition will host an international conference “Industry of unmanned aircraft systems”, which will discuss all topical issues of the developing industry.
News, events and list of participants of HeliRussia 2016 is available at the exhibition website.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award