On May 21 the IX International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2016 in will host a unique event – Drone Racing. This is a new and exciting sport for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) pilots, who compete in precision and speed. A special drone racing track will be opened at the “Crocus Expo” IEC where the expo takes place.
Drone Racing can be compared to the legendary “Formula One”, but drones are racing in three dimensions, where pilots are required to fly their drones through the checkpoints. Spectators can watch the exiting and colorful piloting from the “first person view” on the big screens that streams video from the drones. Drone pilots are also controlling their craft from the FPV, but they use virtual reality headsets.
Both professionals and newcomers are to join the Drone Racing at HeliRussia 2016. For example, bronze medalists of the World Drone Prix 2016 held in Dubai, the VS team, will be coming at the event. Novice pilots can also take part in the race with their own drones. Racing drone rent will be available too.
A special UAV demonstration zone will be opened during the HeliRussia 2016 expo on 19-21 May. Visitors will have a chance to learn about different drone models, to get the basic drone piloting skills and to learn about different UAV schematics and characteristics. Master-class on custom drone building will be arranged as well.
Drone Racing is another addition to the HeliRussia 2016 program which is expanding with dynamic integration of the Unmanned Aerial Systems. Various UAVs will be showcased, the exhibition will host an international conference “Industry of unmanned aircraft systems”, which will discuss all topical issues of the developing industry.
News, events and list of participants of HeliRussia 2016 is available at the exhibition website.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President