On March 31, 2016, Bristow Helicopters Limited flew the last scheduled flight to and from the Murchison platform in the North Sea before its decommissioning.
The flight crew wanted to make the journey especially memorable for the oil workers onboard, and after Bristow’s chief pilot liaised with the teams both onshore and offshore to ensure the transition was carried out safely and efficiently, a special fly past of the Murchison was conducted to give the passengers one last spectacular aerial view of the platform.
“I’m hearing you have all landed safe and sound at Scatsta,” said a representative of the client. “I also hear you did the folks proud with a nice bit of sightseeing, which was in keeping with the occasion. This would I’m sure have been well received by our merry band. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, and indeed Bristow Helicopters for your engagement in this momentous event, and not least for getting our crew home safely,” he continued.
“We were mindful that this was a landmark day for the oil workers departing the platform for the final time,” said Scatsta Airport Operations Supervisor Lesley Leslie. “This is a good example of our relationship here in Scatsta with our clients.”
Established in the UK by London-born Alan Bristow in 1955, Bristow Helicopters Limited offers offshore transportation, fixed-wing services, Search and Rescue (SAR) services, and most recently, UAS operated offshore installation inspection services. It is an affiliated company of Bristow Group Inc.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey