On March 31, 2016, Bristow Helicopters Limited flew the last scheduled flight to and from the Murchison platform in the North Sea before its decommissioning.
The flight crew wanted to make the journey especially memorable for the oil workers onboard, and after Bristow’s chief pilot liaised with the teams both onshore and offshore to ensure the transition was carried out safely and efficiently, a special fly past of the Murchison was conducted to give the passengers one last spectacular aerial view of the platform.
“I’m hearing you have all landed safe and sound at Scatsta,” said a representative of the client. “I also hear you did the folks proud with a nice bit of sightseeing, which was in keeping with the occasion. This would I’m sure have been well received by our merry band. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, and indeed Bristow Helicopters for your engagement in this momentous event, and not least for getting our crew home safely,” he continued.
“We were mindful that this was a landmark day for the oil workers departing the platform for the final time,” said Scatsta Airport Operations Supervisor Lesley Leslie. “This is a good example of our relationship here in Scatsta with our clients.”
Established in the UK by London-born Alan Bristow in 1955, Bristow Helicopters Limited offers offshore transportation, fixed-wing services, Search and Rescue (SAR) services, and most recently, UAS operated offshore installation inspection services. It is an affiliated company of Bristow Group Inc.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics