On March 31, 2016, Bristow Helicopters Limited flew the last scheduled flight to and from the Murchison platform in the North Sea before its decommissioning.
The flight crew wanted to make the journey especially memorable for the oil workers onboard, and after Bristow’s chief pilot liaised with the teams both onshore and offshore to ensure the transition was carried out safely and efficiently, a special fly past of the Murchison was conducted to give the passengers one last spectacular aerial view of the platform.
“I’m hearing you have all landed safe and sound at Scatsta,” said a representative of the client. “I also hear you did the folks proud with a nice bit of sightseeing, which was in keeping with the occasion. This would I’m sure have been well received by our merry band. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, and indeed Bristow Helicopters for your engagement in this momentous event, and not least for getting our crew home safely,” he continued.
“We were mindful that this was a landmark day for the oil workers departing the platform for the final time,” said Scatsta Airport Operations Supervisor Lesley Leslie. “This is a good example of our relationship here in Scatsta with our clients.”
Established in the UK by London-born Alan Bristow in 1955, Bristow Helicopters Limited offers offshore transportation, fixed-wing services, Search and Rescue (SAR) services, and most recently, UAS operated offshore installation inspection services. It is an affiliated company of Bristow Group Inc.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit