On March 31, 2016, Bristow Helicopters Limited flew the last scheduled flight to and from the Murchison platform in the North Sea before its decommissioning.
The flight crew wanted to make the journey especially memorable for the oil workers onboard, and after Bristow’s chief pilot liaised with the teams both onshore and offshore to ensure the transition was carried out safely and efficiently, a special fly past of the Murchison was conducted to give the passengers one last spectacular aerial view of the platform.
“I’m hearing you have all landed safe and sound at Scatsta,” said a representative of the client. “I also hear you did the folks proud with a nice bit of sightseeing, which was in keeping with the occasion. This would I’m sure have been well received by our merry band. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank you, and indeed Bristow Helicopters for your engagement in this momentous event, and not least for getting our crew home safely,” he continued.
“We were mindful that this was a landmark day for the oil workers departing the platform for the final time,” said Scatsta Airport Operations Supervisor Lesley Leslie. “This is a good example of our relationship here in Scatsta with our clients.”
Established in the UK by London-born Alan Bristow in 1955, Bristow Helicopters Limited offers offshore transportation, fixed-wing services, Search and Rescue (SAR) services, and most recently, UAS operated offshore installation inspection services. It is an affiliated company of Bristow Group Inc.
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429