Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa (PGZ) and Airbus Helicopters are hosting a two-day workshop in Radom on the 28 – 29 April to identify potential areas of cooperation around the Tiger HAD project, in the frame of the Kruk attack helicopter project. The event included the global network of Tiger HAD suppliers who took part in the discussions with a number of Polish companies.
Tiger suppliers, among which major electronics, armament and helicopter communications groups such as Nexter, MBDA, and Thales Avionics, met with PGZ entities during one-to-one sessions in order to exchange on possible cooperation opportunities. Airbus Helicopters plans on maintaining strong industrial ties with Poland and has kicked off the Tiger network by hosting this workshop which allowed 14 Tiger companies and 12 PGZ companies to discuss design, production, integration, and maintenance topics.
“We are not just laying the groundwork for future Tiger production in Poland: we are also paving the way for the establishment of a Tiger industrial network in the same way we have been doing with the Caracal” said Mickael Peru, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Polska. “The Tiger is the most versatile and agile attack helicopter on the battlefield, and we are committed to strengthening Poland’s defence industry in terms of advanced technology and expertise by making it a Polish helicopter”, he added.
Recent cooperation projects with Poland also include the development of high-end helicopter manufacturing capabilities, with the inauguration last year of a dedicated research & development centre inŁódź. Airbus Helicopters has a worldwide industrial footprint with 31 customer centres around the globe and industrial cooperations with 39 countries including the United States, China, Brazil, and Australia.
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- NHV Group and Tropical Arctic Logistics sign Strategic Teaming Agreement
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Introduces New HEC Products for Bell 206L & MD500
- Astronautics Adds New Enhancements To RoadRunner EFI
- Robinson Newscopters Deliver News
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Canada approves Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems on Bell 407
- Cobham Launches Titan Digital Audio Management Series
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients