Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa (PGZ) and Airbus Helicopters are hosting a two-day workshop in Radom on the 28 – 29 April to identify potential areas of cooperation around the Tiger HAD project, in the frame of the Kruk attack helicopter project. The event included the global network of Tiger HAD suppliers who took part in the discussions with a number of Polish companies.
Tiger suppliers, among which major electronics, armament and helicopter communications groups such as Nexter, MBDA, and Thales Avionics, met with PGZ entities during one-to-one sessions in order to exchange on possible cooperation opportunities. Airbus Helicopters plans on maintaining strong industrial ties with Poland and has kicked off the Tiger network by hosting this workshop which allowed 14 Tiger companies and 12 PGZ companies to discuss design, production, integration, and maintenance topics.
“We are not just laying the groundwork for future Tiger production in Poland: we are also paving the way for the establishment of a Tiger industrial network in the same way we have been doing with the Caracal” said Mickael Peru, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Polska. “The Tiger is the most versatile and agile attack helicopter on the battlefield, and we are committed to strengthening Poland’s defence industry in terms of advanced technology and expertise by making it a Polish helicopter”, he added.
Recent cooperation projects with Poland also include the development of high-end helicopter manufacturing capabilities, with the inauguration last year of a dedicated research & development centre inŁódź. Airbus Helicopters has a worldwide industrial footprint with 31 customer centres around the globe and industrial cooperations with 39 countries including the United States, China, Brazil, and Australia.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President