Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa (PGZ) and Airbus Helicopters are hosting a two-day workshop in Radom on the 28 – 29 April to identify potential areas of cooperation around the Tiger HAD project, in the frame of the Kruk attack helicopter project. The event included the global network of Tiger HAD suppliers who took part in the discussions with a number of Polish companies.
Tiger suppliers, among which major electronics, armament and helicopter communications groups such as Nexter, MBDA, and Thales Avionics, met with PGZ entities during one-to-one sessions in order to exchange on possible cooperation opportunities. Airbus Helicopters plans on maintaining strong industrial ties with Poland and has kicked off the Tiger network by hosting this workshop which allowed 14 Tiger companies and 12 PGZ companies to discuss design, production, integration, and maintenance topics.
“We are not just laying the groundwork for future Tiger production in Poland: we are also paving the way for the establishment of a Tiger industrial network in the same way we have been doing with the Caracal” said Mickael Peru, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Polska. “The Tiger is the most versatile and agile attack helicopter on the battlefield, and we are committed to strengthening Poland’s defence industry in terms of advanced technology and expertise by making it a Polish helicopter”, he added.
Recent cooperation projects with Poland also include the development of high-end helicopter manufacturing capabilities, with the inauguration last year of a dedicated research & development centre inŁódź. Airbus Helicopters has a worldwide industrial footprint with 31 customer centres around the globe and industrial cooperations with 39 countries including the United States, China, Brazil, and Australia.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet