Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa (PGZ) and Airbus Helicopters are hosting a two-day workshop in Radom on the 28 – 29 April to identify potential areas of cooperation around the Tiger HAD project, in the frame of the Kruk attack helicopter project. The event included the global network of Tiger HAD suppliers who took part in the discussions with a number of Polish companies.
Tiger suppliers, among which major electronics, armament and helicopter communications groups such as Nexter, MBDA, and Thales Avionics, met with PGZ entities during one-to-one sessions in order to exchange on possible cooperation opportunities. Airbus Helicopters plans on maintaining strong industrial ties with Poland and has kicked off the Tiger network by hosting this workshop which allowed 14 Tiger companies and 12 PGZ companies to discuss design, production, integration, and maintenance topics.
“We are not just laying the groundwork for future Tiger production in Poland: we are also paving the way for the establishment of a Tiger industrial network in the same way we have been doing with the Caracal” said Mickael Peru, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Polska. “The Tiger is the most versatile and agile attack helicopter on the battlefield, and we are committed to strengthening Poland’s defence industry in terms of advanced technology and expertise by making it a Polish helicopter”, he added.
Recent cooperation projects with Poland also include the development of high-end helicopter manufacturing capabilities, with the inauguration last year of a dedicated research & development centre inŁódź. Airbus Helicopters has a worldwide industrial footprint with 31 customer centres around the globe and industrial cooperations with 39 countries including the United States, China, Brazil, and Australia.
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines