NextGen avionics leader FreeFlight Systems announced that global aerospace, defense and transportation company Finmeccanica has selected the FreeFlight RA4500 radar altimeter as standard equipment for AW119 singleturbine light helicopters.
The RA4500 offers Finmeccanica’s customers a highlydependable, proven radar altimeter system that seamlessly integrates with the AW119’s existing avionics. This equipment will ensure compliance with the FAA’s radar altimeter mandate, which requires aircraft to be equipped with an approved solution by April 24, 2017.
“Customers worldwide have selected our radar altimeters for their combination of performance and value,” said Pete Ring, FreeFlight Systems Director of Sales and Marketing. “Our expertise and deep understanding of helicopter operations have allowed us to develop rotorcraft systems that are robust, precise, lightweight and easy to install.”
FreeFlight Systems modern radar altimeters are backed by more than 50 years of experience, and have a proven track record as a reliable solution in the most challenging and critical segments of flight. The TSO and ETSOapproved systems are extensively deployed worldwide in helicopter fleets, including some of the largest HEMS operations worldwide. With precision from 2,500 feet to ground level, the RA4500 offers the crucial situational awareness required when flying over varying terrains at low altitudes in all conditions.
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations