NHIndustries celebrated today the 100,000 flight hours achieved in operation by the end users of the NH90.
Currently, more than 270 NH90s are operated by 17 Armed Forces of 13 nations. Some of these aircraft are deployed operationally at sea and on land in multiple locations around the world.
“We are particularly proud of this milestone since it shows that the NH90 is considered by our Customers as the platform they need for their homeland and deployed operations. We keep on working with them in order to further improve our helicopter and the associated services, keeping their satisfaction as a priority” declared Vincent Dubrule President of NHIndustries
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a redundant flyby- wire flight control system for reduced pilot’s workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The NH90 is proposed in two main variants, one dedicated to naval operations, the NH90NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) and a Tactical Transport Variant for land based operations. As of today, 273 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport variants. They are in service in Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by Finmeccanica Helicopters Division (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Fokker Aerostructures (5.5%).
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Republic of Korea Navy launches tender for 12 helicopters
- RNLAF NH90 MASE now in operational use
- Leonardo and the Australian MOD sign agreement
- Safran to power Qatar NH90 fleet
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- Leonardo boosts international growth