NHIndustries celebrated today the 100,000 flight hours achieved in operation by the end users of the NH90.
Currently, more than 270 NH90s are operated by 17 Armed Forces of 13 nations. Some of these aircraft are deployed operationally at sea and on land in multiple locations around the world.
“We are particularly proud of this milestone since it shows that the NH90 is considered by our Customers as the platform they need for their homeland and deployed operations. We keep on working with them in order to further improve our helicopter and the associated services, keeping their satisfaction as a priority” declared Vincent Dubrule President of NHIndustries
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a redundant flyby- wire flight control system for reduced pilot’s workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The NH90 is proposed in two main variants, one dedicated to naval operations, the NH90NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) and a Tactical Transport Variant for land based operations. As of today, 273 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport variants. They are in service in Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by Finmeccanica Helicopters Division (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Fokker Aerostructures (5.5%).
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Qatar NH90 helicopter programme marks major milestone with first flights
- Leonardo’s acoustic sub hunter technology adds dipping sonar in new demo
- Indra delivers the second NH90 simulator to the Spanish Armed Forces
- Bundeswehr orders 31 NH90 for shipborne operations
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces