3 May – Airbus Helicopters welcomes the announcement made by the Accident Investigation Board Norway (AIBN) today.
The investigation will now solely be focused on potential root causes of a technical failure, such as design, production, and/or maintenance.
Airbus Helicopters continues to provide its full support to the AIBN investigation.
At this stage and based on the latest information, preliminary inspection of the main gearbox vertical shaft shows no link with the 2012 ditching events.
In addition to the SIN 3031-S-00 (see below) and based on the on-going root cause analysis process, precautionary measures are requested:
- An airworthiness directive has been issued requesting measures newly defined in the EASB 53A058 and additional one-off maintenance checks.
- The EASB 53A058 requests the verification of the correct installation of all MGB suspension bar attachments for the EC225LP. Similar measures will be published shortly for the EC725AP in a specific ASB.
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505