Shell has issued the following statement, in which they confirm they are suspending using CHC Norway as an operator. The oil company’s decision does not extend to CHC in any other country.
“Shell has with sadness followed the reports of the tragic event outside Bergen in Norway. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the families and colleagues of the victims. We are confident that every measure will be taken to reveal the cause of the accident and to ensure the safety of the people of our industry.
In light of the tragic accident on Friday, A/S Norske Shell wishes to engage with CHC HS in Norway to reaffirm that all operational requirements are met to the defined standards. This process involves Shell’s global air transport assurance provider (Shell Aircraft).
As a precaution, it is decided to temporarily suspend all CHC HS passenger flights for Shell in Norway. Helicopters are available for emergency purposes at all times.
We are working to find alternative helicopter service providers to temporarily support our operations in Norway, and continue to work closely with CHC HS to complete the verification process.
Shell continues to use CHC for offshore services globally outside Norway.”
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center