The Villegas family, represented by Philip Layfield of Layfield & Barrett and V. James (Jim) DeSimone of V. James DeSimone Law, filed a lawsuit in the Superior Court of California, San Bernardino County. The lawsuit was filed under the case name: Villegas v. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department et al with the case number CIVDS1606504, for injuries sustained by the family, allegedly resulting from the San Bernardino County Sheriff sniper helicopter shooting on Interstate 215.
According to court documents, on September 18, 2015, an individual evaded a traffic stop after running a stop sign and led law enforcement on a high speed chase. He entered the Interstate 215 off ramp and proceeded the wrong way at speeds approaching 100 mph. The court documents also go on to state that the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department followed the vehicle in a helicopter piloted by Deputy Sheriff Ryan Conner, Deputy Sheriff Paul Kowalski fired at least nine shots at the vehicle from a helicopter killing the individual. Consequently, his vehicle slammed into the Villegas family’s Dodge Durango.
Per the court documents, as an alleged result of this police shooting the Villegas family has incurred millions of dollars in medical expenses. Their young son is no longer able to walk or get out of bed without assistance as stated in the court documents.
About Layfield & Barrett:
Layfield & Barrett (L&B) is one of America’s premier plaintiff only law firms. With personal injury attorneys dedicated solely to plaintiff litigation and offices nationwide, L&B’s California personal injury lawyers handle catastrophic injury cases, wrongful death, medical malpractice, civil rights, construction defect and mass torts.
About V. James DeSimone:
V. James DeSimone (“Jim”) is Managing Partner of V. James DeSimone Law, a California law firm dedicated to representing individuals in civil rights cases with emphasis on employment discrimination and harassment, employment wage and hour class action cases, and police misconduct and brutality cases.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet