The Villegas family, represented by Philip Layfield of Layfield & Barrett and V. James (Jim) DeSimone of V. James DeSimone Law, filed a lawsuit in the Superior Court of California, San Bernardino County. The lawsuit was filed under the case name: Villegas v. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department et al with the case number CIVDS1606504, for injuries sustained by the family, allegedly resulting from the San Bernardino County Sheriff sniper helicopter shooting on Interstate 215.
According to court documents, on September 18, 2015, an individual evaded a traffic stop after running a stop sign and led law enforcement on a high speed chase. He entered the Interstate 215 off ramp and proceeded the wrong way at speeds approaching 100 mph. The court documents also go on to state that the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department followed the vehicle in a helicopter piloted by Deputy Sheriff Ryan Conner, Deputy Sheriff Paul Kowalski fired at least nine shots at the vehicle from a helicopter killing the individual. Consequently, his vehicle slammed into the Villegas family’s Dodge Durango.
Per the court documents, as an alleged result of this police shooting the Villegas family has incurred millions of dollars in medical expenses. Their young son is no longer able to walk or get out of bed without assistance as stated in the court documents.
About Layfield & Barrett:
Layfield & Barrett (L&B) is one of America’s premier plaintiff only law firms. With personal injury attorneys dedicated solely to plaintiff litigation and offices nationwide, L&B’s California personal injury lawyers handle catastrophic injury cases, wrongful death, medical malpractice, civil rights, construction defect and mass torts.
About V. James DeSimone:
V. James DeSimone (“Jim”) is Managing Partner of V. James DeSimone Law, a California law firm dedicated to representing individuals in civil rights cases with emphasis on employment discrimination and harassment, employment wage and hour class action cases, and police misconduct and brutality cases.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit