Babcock MCS has won a new contract to fly windfarm workers from Emden in Germany – via its Northern HeliCopter (NHC) subsidiary which it acquired as part of its recent purchase of Heli Aviation.
The contract with Global Tech I Offshore Wind GmbH and Windea Offshore GmbH calls for weekly flights every Friday to support the Global Tech I support base. This is 140 kilometers (85 miles) from Emden, a flight of around 35 minutes.
The first flight was made on Friday 6th May using an EC155 which Northern Helicopter describe as “a specially newly purchased machine Airbus Helicopters H155”. However, HeliHub.com research notes that the flight was achieved using a Heli-Holland aircraft registered PH-HHO on flight number NHC48A.
Dr. Felix Prechtel, Head of Operations of Global Tech I explained: “We are convinced that with NHC we have acquired a reliable partner and look forward to smooth travel from Emden.”
The contract will initially run for a period of one year. NHC is already in talks with other potential customers in the wind farm market.
Northern HeliCopter is based at Emden with about 50 employees and operates four helicopters. The company has 25 years of experience in the field of air rescue, it offers air ambulance and offshore air rescue now passenger transportation on. In 2014 a new base was created in St. Peter Ording to reduce the flight time to the various supported locations offshore from the northern German border – known as the German Bight. NHC was the first private company to offer rescue flights in this operational area in 2011.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet
- 04-Nov-15 VT-PWF Airbus AS365N3 off Mumbai, India (2F)