Argus International, Inc. (Argus) is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Unmanned Safety Institute (USI) of Orlando, Florida, a privately held business that has carved out a recognized and respected position in the safety training, certification and management of unmanned aerial vehicles. The acquisition augments Argus’ global aviation safety presence in the airline, business aviation and rotary wing industry segments.
Argus CEO and President, Joe Moeggenberg stated, “It has been our objective to actively participate in the UAS sector as we have already seen the overlap between UAS and our existing clients in the airline, business aviation, and rotary wing businesses. However, in Argus fashion, we will only enter a new niche in the marketplace once we have brought on knowledgeable and respected program managers who have earned their stripes through years of hands-on, frontline experience.” Moeggenberg continued, “We found this experience with the USI team and its founders. No other aviation safety company has more, or better resources from across the entire aviation spectrum than Argus.”
“USI recognized early on that a strong safety foundation to any aviation application is critical to the success of the entire marketplace. Keeping this in mind, USI built its position based on adoption and modification of time-tested aviation safety practices proven for over a century in commercial aviation: reducing human errors, improving technology over time, and building safe organizations. It is with these time-honored safety practices that we have established ourselves as a respected brand in the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) industry.”, remarked Aaron Greenwald, USI President. “USI’s industry-leading training and widely recognized certification programs will greatly assist all operators and organizations integrate UAS into their operations safely and responsibly. Being part of the Argus family will not only accelerate the development of needed UAS safety products/services, but will give comfort to the marketplace knowing that a company such as Argus that is so well-known and trusted, has made this kind of commitment to the fast growing UAS industry.”
The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed and the transaction was officially closed on April 22nd, 2016.
About Unmanned Safety Institute Founded in 2014, the Unmanned Safety Institute is a professional flight safety organization for operators, enterprises, and organizations focused on integrating and operating UAS safely for civil or commercial purposes. The Unmanned Safety Institute provides UAS flight safety standards and training through the adoption and modification of time-honored aviation safety and training practices. USI certifications are recognized by many leading aviation insurance providers to include Global Aerospace, which selected USI as its official and exclusive UAS training provider under its SM4 Safety Initiative. To learn more about USI, please visit UnmannedSafetyInstitute.org.
About Argus Argus International, Inc. (Argus) is a specialized aviation services company whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk. Argus provides world-class aviation software and business management solutions, including AVMOSYS business management software, TRAQPak, CHEQ, and ARMOR SMS. Argus Charter operator ratings are the most recognized and requested independent source of overall operator quality. TRAQPak provides industry leading market intelligence data and research services, as well as expert aviation consulting. Founded in 1995, Argus is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and actively engaged with business activities in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation