Britannia2000 is delighted to have been selected and contracted once again by Babcock (formerly Bond Air Services) for the supply of their Compact Airborne Mission Computer (CAMC) for Police Scotland. This follows Babcock’s selection of Britannia to supply the CAMC for the UK’s National Police Aviation Service (NPAS) in the upgrade of seven of their EC135 platforms.
Britannia2000 specialises in the design, development and manufacture of ISTAR and Communications systems. The CAMC, developed by Britannia2000, will form part of the Police Scotland mission system upgrade. Designed for civil and military applications on rotary and fixed-wing platforms, CAMC provides a variety of communication interfaces and accepts a wide variety of video formats, including full HD. It has been designed to run CarteNav AIMS software, including Moving Target Indication (MTI), at maximum efficiency.
CAMC provides multiple monitor outputs for up to three touch-screen displays. This feature helps to reduce operator workload and improve mission efficiency by task sharing between observers and operators. Pilots, for example, can view mapping displays whilst operators control the EO/IR turret and observers collate information on their screens.
Ralph Jones, Managing Director of Britannia2000, commented: “It is a tremendous credit to Britannia that once again, we have been selected to supply our CAMC for the Police in their mission system upgrades. We are extremely proud to be the Mission Computer of choice and to provide Police Scotland with the latest in airborne technology.”
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago