Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, has been contracted by Rokstad Power Ltd. for heavy lift delivery services to Brucejack Mine in Stewart, British Columbia.
“This project showcases the specialized utility of the Aircrane in a remote location at high elevations,” said Rob Lewis, Vice President Commercial Aviation Services. “Our pilots and crews are especially skilled in this type of heavy-lift cargo transportation over rugged terrain and precision placement capabilities.”
Utilizing the S64 Erickson Aircrane, the company will be transporting heavy equipment, moving materials and providing precision placement services. The Aircrane will fly roughly 7,500 tons of heavy materials over elevations of 6,000 ft. to the job site based in steep, mountainous terrain. Erickson will transport steel and concrete for the construction of electrical transmission towers in addition to lifting and placing towers into position to electrify the mining operations.
Erickson has several Aircranes providing aerial support for timber harvesting operations in British Columbia. The company has worked inCanada for more than 30 years, making it the company’s longest-served international market.
Earlier this year, Erickson entered a new international market when it was selected for a similar electrical tower construction project inIndia. Working with Sterlite Grid, India’s largest private developer of independent power transmission systems, Erickson will fly building materials in the Pir Pinjal mountain range between elevations of 9,000 ft. and 12,000 ft. This project will involve erecting 1,150 towers over a 450-kilometer transmission line.
- 09-Jan-21 N4035S Sikorsky S-64F Oakland, US-California
- Erickson is flying six firefighting S64s in Australia
- 28-Jan-19 N173AC Sikorsky S64 Jericho, Australia
- Erickson PR machine details current fleet contracts
- Korean Forest Service contracts with Erickson to build a S-64E Aircrane
- San Diego Gas & Electric launches fire-fighting Aircrane
- Erickson and Kestrel extend Australian firefighting contract
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Erickson Secures Philippines Dam Contract Award