Belgian based operator NHV have recently taken two Airbus H175 helicopters out to Western Africa, and will be operating them from Ghana. They will be based at Takoradi under contract to Tullow Oil, which has had interests in two exploration licences offshore Ghana since 2006. NHV now has two H175s based at Aberdeen in the UK, two at Den Helder in Netherlands and this pair in Ghana.
Following seismic acquisition and interpretation, Tullow and its partners drilled two successful exploration wells in 2007. The wells discovered the major Jubilee oil field in the Gulf of Guinea’s Tano Basin. Tullow’s second major discoveries and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN field., and the Plan of Development for this field was approved by the government of Ghana in May 2013. At the end of April 2016, over 90% of the project was completed with first oil on track for July/August 2016. The newly arrived helicopters will no doubt be part of this expansion plan.
Airbus Helicopters took the opportunity of the ferry flight to introduce the H175 in West Africa. The manufacturer was pleased that how the aircraft performed in the very hot environments they experienced with demonstration flights at Abidjan in Ivory Coast and Lagos in Nigeria.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- NHV’s H175 fleet reaches 10,000 flight hours
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting