The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is proud to announce that Night Flight Concepts has committed to providing a deserving Whirly-Girl a Night Vision Goggles (NVG) Flight Training Scholarship for the 2016 scholarship season.
Whirly-Girls is an organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries and continues to grow as women are becoming increasingly active in helicopter aviation. Night Flight Concepts recognizes the importance of the contributions women have made in aviation and thus has partnered with the Whirly-Girls to assist women aviators in their career development. NVG training is required for personnel who need an initial or a recurrent NVG endorsement for a flight position. This scholarship will help the career-minded Whirly-Girl obtain this NVG endorsement.
Night Flight Concepts is a premier provider of NVG training, offering an exceptional program that provides up-to-date, relevant, comprehensive skills to operate in the night environment. “We are thrilled that Night Flight Concepts has agreed to support the Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund. The expertise and specialized training offered through this scholarship will be a valuable addition to our program,” said Banu Cole, Whirly-Girls Scholarship Director.
Since 1968, the Whirly-Girls has awarded over 300 scholarships. This year in 2016 the organization awarded 28 scholarships to well-deserving applicants, exceeding a total value of $175,000.
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years in the service of the Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts