The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is proud to announce that Night Flight Concepts has committed to providing a deserving Whirly-Girl a Night Vision Goggles (NVG) Flight Training Scholarship for the 2016 scholarship season.
Whirly-Girls is an organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries and continues to grow as women are becoming increasingly active in helicopter aviation. Night Flight Concepts recognizes the importance of the contributions women have made in aviation and thus has partnered with the Whirly-Girls to assist women aviators in their career development. NVG training is required for personnel who need an initial or a recurrent NVG endorsement for a flight position. This scholarship will help the career-minded Whirly-Girl obtain this NVG endorsement.
Night Flight Concepts is a premier provider of NVG training, offering an exceptional program that provides up-to-date, relevant, comprehensive skills to operate in the night environment. “We are thrilled that Night Flight Concepts has agreed to support the Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund. The expertise and specialized training offered through this scholarship will be a valuable addition to our program,” said Banu Cole, Whirly-Girls Scholarship Director.
Since 1968, the Whirly-Girls has awarded over 300 scholarships. This year in 2016 the organization awarded 28 scholarships to well-deserving applicants, exceeding a total value of $175,000.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™