The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is proud to announce that Night Flight Concepts has committed to providing a deserving Whirly-Girl a Night Vision Goggles (NVG) Flight Training Scholarship for the 2016 scholarship season.
Whirly-Girls is an organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries and continues to grow as women are becoming increasingly active in helicopter aviation. Night Flight Concepts recognizes the importance of the contributions women have made in aviation and thus has partnered with the Whirly-Girls to assist women aviators in their career development. NVG training is required for personnel who need an initial or a recurrent NVG endorsement for a flight position. This scholarship will help the career-minded Whirly-Girl obtain this NVG endorsement.
Night Flight Concepts is a premier provider of NVG training, offering an exceptional program that provides up-to-date, relevant, comprehensive skills to operate in the night environment. “We are thrilled that Night Flight Concepts has agreed to support the Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund. The expertise and specialized training offered through this scholarship will be a valuable addition to our program,” said Banu Cole, Whirly-Girls Scholarship Director.
Since 1968, the Whirly-Girls has awarded over 300 scholarships. This year in 2016 the organization awarded 28 scholarships to well-deserving applicants, exceeding a total value of $175,000.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support