STARS has flown more than 3,000 missions to more than 400 communities across Saskatchewan since it established operations in the province in 2012. The missions have been made possible with the help of STARS Lottery, which is now celebrating its fifth birthday.
The lottery officially kicked off today with 2019 prizes valued at more than $4 million retail and the Lucky STARS 50/50 draw, in which a lucky ticket buyer can win up to $775,000.
The lottery is STARS’ single largest fundraiser. Approximately 50 per cent of the funding for STARS’ two bases in the province comes from local supporters. STARS President and CEO Andrea Robertson says each and every person who buys a STARS Lottery ticket is helping to contribute to the safety of the community.
“STARS is busier than ever, and in these challenging economic times we are relying on community support of the lottery to help us continue providing the highest level of care available,” she said.
This year the lottery offers two grand prize homes built by D&S Homes and an early bird prize getaway package of a 2016 Ford F-150 4X4 SuperCrew and a 2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS travel trailer worth $132,000 retail. The homes are each valued at $1.5 million retail and are located in Saskatoon and Regina. The Regina home is a fully furnished, 3,186 square foot, two-story walkout. The Saskatoon home is a fully furnished 3,489 square foot, two-story walkout.
There are five exciting vehicles to be won as well as 318 sports and outdoor adventure prizes, large screen TVs, electronic and home appliances, barbecues, mowers, snow blowers, cash, jewellery and two STARS helicopter flights for two, plus 12 fabulous vacations. Buyers are eligible for all prize draws if tickets are purchased prior to the applicable deadlines.
Lucky STARS 50/50 offers ticket buyers the opportunity to win up to $775,000. The tickets must be ordered in conjunction with the STARS Lottery Saskatchewan ticket order. Lottery ticket prices are a single ticket for $60, two for $100, six for $250 and 12 for $375. Lucky STARS 50/50 tickets are only $10 each, five for $25 and 15 for $50. Visit www.starslotterysaskatchewan.ca or call 1-855-449-2444.
The early bird draw is July 14, 2016 with a ticket-cut off June 29, 2016. The final draw is August 10, 2016 with a ticket sales cut-off at midnight on July 20, 2016. The Lucky STARS 50/50 draw date is August 8, 2016, with a sales cut-off date of July 20, 2016. If tickets sell out prior to the early bird deadline, all draws, with the pre-approval of the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority, will begin on July 18, 2016.The lottery licence number is LR15-0104, and the Lucky STARS 50/50 licence number is LR15-0105.
STARS provides specialized emergency medical care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces