Air BP, the international aviation fuel products and service supplier, is launching its new Environmental Solutions offering at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva this week (Booth 131).The comprehensive service is made up of a number of elements supporting a best practice carbon reduction framework. It aims to help mitigate carbon impact across the aviation sector with a “Reduce, Replace, Neutralise” approach to carbon management. Air BP will promote the offer to industry stakeholders and customers throughout the show, and highlight how it can help business aviation achieve its carbon reduction goals.
Air BP already provides a number of services to support customers working towards a lower carbon future, but this is the first time that the varying elements have been brought together in one product. The new Environmental Solutions package will offer operators, airports and FBO’S tailor-made solutions that will enable them to achieve a reduction in carbon emissions that can increase efficiency and enhance their reputation.
The full offering includes the supply of Air BP Biojet as an alternative aviation fuel that offers a minimum carbon emission of 35%. Biojet is now delivered via the main hydrant system at Oslo Airport. Air BP continues to develop and supply unleaded Avgas and is currently rolling out a number of European UL91 locations where demand is high. A suite of technical services provides a variety of tools designed to make infrastructure facilities more efficient. These include Stop-Start technology, waste management, electric vehicles and state-of-the-art flow switches to replace facilities creating carbon. A carbon reduction and management programme, delivered in partnership with BP Target Neutral, allows aviation stakeholders to calculate and offset emissions. The emissions are offset via rigorously selected environmental projects which are proven to deliver socio-economic and environmental benefits. Finally BP’s emissions trading department helps companies comply with carbon cap and trade schemes, which can achieve cost certainty through hedging of future allowance exposure.
Launching this environmental offer puts Air BP at the forefront of delivering effective lower carbon solutions for the aviation industry. As a company marking 90 years of aviation fuelling, Air BP has the knowledge and expertise to make a significant positive contribution. “Air BP is committed to the aviation industry’s efforts to achieve its ambitious environmental targets,” said Norbert Kamp, Chief Commercial Officer, Air BP. “The launch of the Environmental Solutions offer at EBACE demonstrates that Air BP is focused on supporting the business aviation sector in meeting the target of a 50% reduction in total emissions by 2050, relative to 2015. The new offering is a win-win sitiuation. Not only is it good for the environment, but it is good for business too. It gives our customers the tools to help reduce their carbon footprint whilst improving efficiency. We believe it will be very well received,”
Leading by example Air BP is working to prevent, minimise and mitigate environmental impacts where ever it does business. It aims to become carbon neutral in its own operations and anticipates it will achieve certified carbon neutrality status (PAS2060) by the summer of 2016.
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI