FlightSafety International introduces FlightBag, a newly enhanced courseware delivery and presentation application for iPad as well as a web-based version for Android and Windows based tablets and desktop computers.
“Our Customers will appreciate the efficiency and ease of use FlightBag offers,” said Daniel MacLellan, Senior Vice President, Operations. “This next generation full-featured interactive courseware app is another example of FlightSafety’s ongoing commitment to enhance the training we provide.”
FlightSafety’s FlightBag App offers innovative features that increase the effectiveness of courseware delivery, presentation, and use. Its interaction with FlightSafety’s courseware includes enhanced annotation capabilities and document organization choices.
The FlightBag App will be available for use in pilot, maintenance technician and flight attendant courses. Publications include digital training manuals, cockpit posters, flashcards, and guides that serve as an excellent resource for post-course review and reference.
FlightBag features advanced capabilities over the existing eReader App, including an enhanced notes functionality that automatically transfers the Customers’ notes and bookmarks to subsequent document versions, as well as a more robust annotation tool kit for highlighting, drawing and grid placement.
In addition, courseware organization capability is enhanced through the addition of “My Favorites”, allowing clients the ability to organize those documents most frequently used in training, while “My Document” allows import and export of Customer supplied documents, via iTunes. In addition to the IOS/ Apple version of the app, FlightBag will also introduce a web browser based version, allowing more clients access to electronic courseware via non iPad devices, such as Windows laptops, Windows and Android tablet devices.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than 1.3 million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident