As the grounding of the EC225 continues, the North Sea operators are looking around their fleets to see how they can cover the shortfall. Bristow has identified a Sikorsky S92 in its Nigerian operation, and the aircraft is currently on its ferry flight north.
The particular aircraft only departed Aberdeen on 23rd March and ferried south on its British registration to join the Bristow fleet in the West African country. Its registration G-CICH was cancelled on 8th April on transfer to Nigeria and is now marked for a pending update – which we assume to be the re-allocation.
Currently as 5N-BTI, the S92 overnighted at Tours in France last night, and as this story is published it is en route to Redhill in the UK with an 0850Z scheduled arrival time. It is then expected to fly on to Aberdeen later today. Bristow Nigeria continues to operate a further five S92s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations