As the grounding of the EC225 continues, the North Sea operators are looking around their fleets to see how they can cover the shortfall. Bristow has identified a Sikorsky S92 in its Nigerian operation, and the aircraft is currently on its ferry flight north.
The particular aircraft only departed Aberdeen on 23rd March and ferried south on its British registration to join the Bristow fleet in the West African country. Its registration G-CICH was cancelled on 8th April on transfer to Nigeria and is now marked for a pending update – which we assume to be the re-allocation.
Currently as 5N-BTI, the S92 overnighted at Tours in France last night, and as this story is published it is en route to Redhill in the UK with an 0850Z scheduled arrival time. It is then expected to fly on to Aberdeen later today. Bristow Nigeria continues to operate a further five S92s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Caverton launches S92 operations in Nigeria
- 27-Dec-20 G-MCSK Sikorsky S92 Aberdeen, UK
- CHC Norway wins S92 contract with Equinor and Var Energi
- 08-Dec-20 G-CLHW Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- ITP Aero signs contract to provide engine MRO for CHC S92 and AW189
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Stavangar, Norway
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract