Safran has changed the name of every company in the group in the latest re-branding attempt in the helicopter industry. Given the mileage built up with an existing name, it is always a surprise when a company wishes to abandon its history and identity in an attempt to create a new one. Plus they will need to build up the Search Engine results from zero too.
Drum roll please, someone….. Turbomeca is now Safran Helicopter Engines. Snappy little name, rolls of the tongue so easily. Not.
From last Friday, every company in the Safran Group now has a “Safran name”. Another example is Sagem, which is now Safran Electronics & Defense – yes, the American spelling of Defense for a French company. Each Group company will be communicating under a single brand name and logo, rather than having the subtitle “a Safran company”. At the same time, Safran is launching its new brand tagline, “Powered by trust”, which is intended to reflect the confidence delivered by Safran’s people, and the technologies invented across the Group.
Safran believes it is taking a “major step forward” in its brand evolution, for the benefit of its customers, partners, shareholders and employees. “Consolidating our Group under a single name is a powerful vehicle for bolstering the feeling of all of our 70,000 employees that they belong to the same global enterprise and share the same values,” said Philippe Petitcolin, CEO of Safran. “This change will allow us to unite our efforts and focus our investments on a single brand, to the greater benefit of all of our businesses worldwide. Our unique brand will be nurtured even more strongly in the future by the success of our companies, and our companies in turn will be nurtured by Safran’s image and renown.”
At least we won’t need to have the discussion as to whether to pronounce it Turbo-Mecca or Turbo-Meeker…
Anyone willing to put money on Textron Helicopters (ex Bell), Textron Engines (ex Lycoming), Lockheed Martin Helicopters (ex Sikorsky) or Matriarch Helicopters (ex MD)?
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award