Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced today that Government of Pakistan has signed a contract for an undisclosed number of AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters. The signing was held in Islamabad in presence of the H.E. Italian Ambassador Stefano Pontecorvo. The contract is part of a fleet renewal programme spread over several batches including a logistic support and training package. The AW139s, deliveries of which are expected in 2017, will be used to perform search and rescue across the nation.
This contract marks a significant achievement for Leonardo-Finmeccanica in Pakistan, further expanding the already successful presence of the AW139 helicopter in-country. A total of 11 AW139s are already in service in Pakistan, with 5 aircraft operated for Government relief and transportation duties.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139