Leonardo-Finmeccanica has announced at EBACE this week that their Distributorship Agreement with Kaan Air of Turkey has been “renovated” – whether this means it lapsed it not clear. Previously, the Kaan covered a range of models including AW119, AW109SP and AW139. Leonardo has now extended this to include AW169 and AW189.
With this latest achievement Leonardo-Finmeccanica further expands its presence in the Turkish commercial helicopter market, where the company has already sold more than 30 helicopters from nearly the entire range of commercial products including the AgustaWestland AW119, AW109 Power, Grand/GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 particularly for executive/private transport, emergency medical service and aerial works duties..
The partnership with Kaan Air allowed the introduction of the whole family of new generation helicopters, namely the AW169-AW139-AW189, into the Turkish market with the first European contract for an executive-configured AW189 signed by the distributor in 2014. The three models all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support. Leonardo-Finmeccanica maintains a leading position in the global executive/private transport market with a 50% share in the multi-engine segment.
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- Waypoint Enters Taiwanese Market
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- LCI Delivers 3rd EMS AW169 to Elitaliana
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo