Helicopter Flight Services (HFS), who fly Bell 407s and Airbus H130s, is reportedly buying waterfront proprerty on the east bank of the Hudson River in the Yonkers suburb of New York. They are looking at creating a floating heliport in an industrial zone between the Domino Sugar refinery and a sewage treatment plant. HFS met with neighbours Monday to outline their plans.
The operator expects to fly three to five flights an hour between 9am and 9pm. The majority of the passengers would obviously be NYC tourists, arriving at the heliport by bus or rail and then be picked up by a company van at the Ludlow Street Station. A possible future alternative is a ferry boat pier.
Earlier this year, a deal was reached beween New York City and helicopter tour operators whereby the number of flights at the downtown Manhattan heliport at Pier 6 will be halved by the end of 2016, including no flights on Sundays, and was prompted by noise complaints from residents near Battery Park City and the Brooklyn Bridge Park. The proposed location has likely been picked as heliports are still permitted there, subject to a special use permit from the City Council, although there is already talk of a new ordinance that would ban heliports in Yonkers.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell first manufacturer to certify HUMS in light single-engine
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for B407
- 31-Jan-19 N407P Bell 407 Church Hill, US-Tennessee
- 29-Jan-19 N191SF Bell 407 Zaleski, US-Ohio (3F)
- New Bell 407 for Apollo MedFlight
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration