At the HeliRussia International Helicopter Industry Exhibition 2016, to be held in Moscow from 19 to 21 May, Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will discuss the prospects for expanding export deliveries of whole range of Russian helicopters.
Traditionally, Rosoboronexport will present to foreign customers the entire line-up of Russian-made helicopters, but special attention during the talks will be on the latest models.
“A lot of efforts to promote the latest Russian military helicopters in the world market have started yielding results. In particular, in 2015 Russia carried out the first export deliveries of the Mi-26T2 heavy-lift transport helicopters, while this year a foreign customer will receive the dual-control Mi-28NE attack helicopters. Moreover, export deliveries of the Ka-52 attack helicopters will start soon. Taken together, all of this substantially enhances our country’s competitive position among the world’s leading helicopter manufacturers,” said Sergey Kornev, Head of Rosoboronexport’s Air Force Department, who leads the Company’s delegation at the exhibition.
In total, Rosoboronexport delivered more than 100 helicopters abroad in 2015, with the Mi-8/17 military transport helicopters accounting for most of deliveries. By and large, cooperation in the helicopter area (including repair, supply of aircraft weapons, etc) in 2015 was maintained with more than two dozen countries.
In the coming years, Rosoboronexport will be seeking to maintain Russia’s strong positions in this segment of the global arms market achieved over the past five years. The Company will continue its proactive efforts to promote Russian helicopters in all regions of its presence, including through establishing joint and license helicopter production facilities and improving the quality of after-sales service, among them the setting-up of service centers on the territory of a number of partner countries with the participation of JSC Russian Helicopters.
Rosoboronexport is the only state-owned arms trade company in the Russian Federation authorized to export the full range of military and dual-purpose products, technologies and services. It is a subsidiary of the Rostec Corporation. Founded on 4 November, 2000, now Rosoboronexport is one of the leading world arms exporters to the international market. Its share in Russia’s military exports exceeds 85 percent. Rosoboronexport cooperates with more than 700 enterprises and organizations in the Russian defence industrial complex. Russia maintains military technical cooperation with more than 70 countries around the world.
- Russian military to receive Ka-52K for Mistral carriers
- Russian Helicopters announces certification of the Ka-226T
- Russian Helicopters details presence at SITDEF 2015 in Peru
- Russian military expecting 16 new Ka52 Aligators this year
- Russia orders Ka-52K helicopters for Mistral-class LHDs
- Russian Helicopters to showcase latest models at Berlin Air Show
- Russia considers joint venture Kamov plant in India
- Russian Helicopters at Dubai Airshow 2013
- 29-Oct-13 Kamov Ka52K Zhulebino, Russia
- Russian Helicopters to showcase military models at Russia Arms Expo 2013
- Russian Helicopters takes part in International Maritime Defense Show
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Russian Helicopters detail their presence at HeliRussia 2013
- Klimov to start testing new helicopter gunship engine
- 13-Mar-12 Kamov Ka52 Torzhok, Russia (2K)
- Ka-52 put into series production in Primorye
- Russia to base Ka-52s on new Mistral class warships
- Ka-27M, Ka-52 and Ka-226 to be based on Russia’s Mistral carrier
- Russia plans 400 new military helicopters in next 5 years
- Russian Army to get state-of-the-art Ka-52 helicopters in 2010